Program Manager - Hardware
Who Are We:
When you leave work, do you miss it? Do you wish you were moving your work forward because you knew it would move your entire industry forward, we do.
The people here at Puffco don’t just create products — we create behavior changing experiences for a community in the millions, with more added everyday. The mentality that drives the leadership at Puffco is based on passion and obsession, never by obligation. The excitement of a new idea turning into a tangible product that changes people’s lives is a rare gift, that we cherish daily.
Puffco has already produced the most awarded devices ever in our space, but for us, this is just the beginning. What we’ve created is truly special, and we’re looking for special people to help shape the future of our industry. Join Puffco and you join a family, and a community that you can directly impact. The possibilities are limitless, and the results dependent on how deep you care to dive in
What We’ve Achieved This Year:
- Listed by MG Magazine as one of the 50 best companies to work for.
- Nominated for Engadgets “Best Of CES”
- Featured on Vice, Netflix, HBO, and were one of the only products ever to be featured on the Cover of High Times magazine.
- Written about in Forbes, Rolling Stone, Billboard Magazine, and other publications now just tuning into the work we’ve been putting in when no one was paying attention.
- Grew 5x in revenue and 3x in scale, and we have no plans of slowing.
- Released the first-ever smart rig, the Puffco Peak, that created a mile-stone in consumer electronics that create the consumer experience and created massive appeal.
- Brought together the worlds of art and technology with the Puffco Glass Open. It stimulated the billion-dollar glass art industry, providing jobs and creating an impact far beyond what most consumer products can achieve.
- Vastly expanded our distribution to more than 51 different countries, leaving a global impression.
Who Are You:
We are looking for an ambitious individual who is innovative, forward thinking, and resourceful. You'll need to be passionate, motivated, and exceptionally committed to your trade. Puffco is a fast-paced entrepreneurial enviorment and those whose skillsets are impeccably organized and detail-oriented thrive. We here at Puffco possess these qualities and if you do too, then come join our team!
What’s The Role About:
We are looking for someone to join our Program Management team. As a Program Manager, you will own and ensure that all new products successfully launch, starting from product marketing ideation approval to commercial mass production. The right candidate will have a deep understanding of Engineering and Operations functions in order to define the product development and launch plan with functional leads, resolve cross-functional conflicts and drive rigorous coordination and execution. This role is highly collaborative with business teams, technical teams, senior leadership, and especially with third-party suppliers.
Some things you will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with 3rd party manufacturers to ensure products are manufactured to Puffco specifications.
- Supports product ideation phase through leading new technology assessments, supporting prototype testing, coordinating with other functions to ensure cohesive integration of all technologies, and identifying strategies to address any supply chain gaps.
- Coordinate with manufacturing, sub-contractors and suppliers for the procurement and specification of components for use in the development projects.
- Lead the creation and execution of product development and manufacturing implementation plans with input from stakeholders on the deliverables. Ensures timely completion in line with defined milestones.
- Facilitates cross-functional validation that final product design can meet initial product definition and ROI expectations.
- Ensures priorities and trade-offs are clearly communicated and key stakeholders are engaged throughout the design cycle.
- Drive operations and engineering teams to achieve cost, quality and reliability of externally sourced components and sub-assemblies to meet cost targets, quality standards and warranty periods.
- Ensure that all Engineering and Operations cross-functional and vendor deliverables meet industry leading standards and are completed on time.
- Prepares Manufacturing partner and Supply Chain for launch of new product.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to design and optimize the manufacturing and test processes for new products, ensuring product and manufacturing cost and production yield targets are achieved.
Some qualifications and skills we need you to have:
- 3+ Years in Operations Manufacturing / NPI, Engineering Development role, or Program / Project Management experience.
- BS in Business Administration, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to track and resolve issues across multiple programs simultaneously.
- Experience working with global teams and willing to participate in Global conference calls during non-standard working hours as needed.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Experience in consumer electronics
- Experience in Arena a plus
- Demonstrated business acumen – an understanding of business priorities, challenges, and direction in order to balance competing demands on project scope, budget, schedule and quality.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive pay, 401K, Medical/Dental/ Vision/Life coverage, Flexible Time-Off
- Amazing pet friendly office in LA Center Studios with a fun casual and comfortable work environment
- Snacks, lunches, retreats, and SO much more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Puffco strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Puffco’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Puffco may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
**Additional information about our company can be found at www.puffco.com.
Follow us on Instagram @Puffco