Product Project Manager
The Product Project Manager (PPM) will be part of the Hyperloop-One System Engineering team, reporting to the Director/Manager of the Product Lifecycle Management Directorate. The PPM is responsible for project management, including cost/schedule/technical performance, of product development projects to meet the driving business objectives.
The PPM will help define and implement product management practices and have primary responsibility for the creation and maintenance of the integrated master schedule, action item database, and issue and concerns list. The PPM will also help to provide change analysis for change requests and act as secretary of the Change Control Board. An ideal candidate must be able to manage large multidiscipline engineering development schedules and communicate across the Hyperloop-One organization.
- Initiate, plan and manage assigned projects to successful completion
- Develop effective working relationships to promote inter-departmental cooperation to effectively create and lead cross functional technical teams through the development process from feasibility to launch
- Facilitate defining scope, project goals, and success criteria
- Create and manage an integrated master schedule to successfully deliver product development projects
- Develop clear and concise documentation (e.g. project proposals, project plans, Gantt charts, status reports, budgets, requirements and design specifications, training documentation, close out documentation, etc.)
- Drive project delivery and ensure excellence in project artifacts
- Track completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines; track milestones and timelines across projects and provide recommendations when necessary to meet project deliverable expectations
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken to reassess, renegotiate and amend scope of work responsibilities
- Present information clearly, concisely, and accurately
- Provide analysis to minimize risk in the management of scope, cost and schedules
- Schedule and run meetings for ongoing and prospective projects
- Communicate directly, openly, honestly and reply quickly to requests
- Confront issues openly and tactfully communicate sensitive information
- Clearly communicate project status, risks, budgets, timelines, and resource needs to stakeholders on a regular basis
- Manage and drive vendors and external parties upon whom successful project delivery are dependent
- Perform other related duties as requested by manager
The PPM must be able to work independently, often without close support. Flexibility, relationship building, communication skills and time management are essential for success in this position. Projects may include but may not necessarily be limited to software development, hardware development, manufacturing, construction, or internal systems implementation. The PPM must be willing and able to travel, local and internationally
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree of Science; preferably an Engineering degreeand/or relevant technical experience
Project Management Professional Certified (PMP), or equivalent certification
Hands-on experience in a technical or engineering position; experience in aerospace, transportation, product research & development a plus
Extensive project management experience with a demonstrated track record of successfully managing multiple projects (50-100 projects of varying scope), preferably in an R&D setting
Master-level expertise in schedule development and earned value management; MS Project preferred
Competence to understand technical information, to identify and effectively utilize project resources and apply essential project management skills in performance of job responsibilities
Excellent interpersonal skills, team building skills and communication skills are required
Ability to work independently, within a team, and with other groups
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.