Product Delivery Manager
Greater LA Area
Are you passionate about delivering high-quality products that help improve business operations? Have you been able to motivate your scrum team and increase engineering productivity? Do you enjoy triaging issues and communicating with cross-functional and partner teams? If those topics resonate with you, then ChowNow may have the role you’re looking for!
About the Team
At ChowNow, our mission is to help local restaurants grow their business by improving relationships with their customers.
We are passionate about serving the needs of over 10,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners, who transact over $1M daily on the ChowNow platform.
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — just a few minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should, too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the Position
We’re looking for someone with strong project/program management skills to join our Product team and be entirely focused on delivery and execution of our digital products. You will help triage and respond to small and large scale business requests, deftly maneuvering from one issue to the next. You’ll know when to strategically table low priority issues in the backlog, and how to effectively escalate the important issues in order to deliver the highest value to our clients in a timely manner.
This role has broad reach and impact, communicating and working with every part of the organization. You’ll be our first line of defense for triaging production issues, which will require an understanding of engineering capacity and workload. Your motivation will be aligned with long term maintenance, sustainability, and engineering productivity.
Ultimately, you’ll take on delivery of a large scale strategic initiative, working with product management to understand our business strategy. You’ll represent our Technology organization while working with third party vendors and our internal teams at ChowNow to execute on strategic initiatives.
As a Delivery Manager, you'll work from our Los Angeles Headquarters. This position reports directly to the Chief Product Officer.
Specifically, you will:
- Work closely with Product Management to create and manage a product backlog, plan iterations, write user stories, and ensure sprint readiness.
- Work with departmental leaders to facilitate project planning, prioritization, execution, delivery, and collaboration to bring projects to closure.
- Collaborate with QA and Engineering Leads to plan releases for critical improvements and bug fixes. Help to ensure that all products are delivered with quality.
- Coordinate internal resources, clients, and third parties to flawlessly execute projects.
- Act as a liaison between external partners and ChowNow Product and Engineering teams.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Create, execute, and proactively manage project plans while adapting to Product strategy.
- Actively participate in the Delivery Management community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practices.
Within 30 days, you’ll:
- Meet and begin cultivating relationships with key stakeholders and team members.
- Become familiar with all of ChowNow’s existing products and services.
- Understand the development lifecycle and processes.
- Work with Product Management to understand key business decisions.
Within 60 days, you’ll:
- Understand your scrum team’s velocity and be able to provide reliable project estimations.
- Manage and maintain a backlog of improvements for existing ChowNow products.
Within 90 days, you’ll:
- Be the trusted point of contact for your projects. Stakeholders will look for your guidance on project scope, resources, and timelines.
- Plan your first release. Communicate how it impacts internal departments and benefits ChowNow’s restaurant clients and their consumers.
- Lead cross-functional teams to complete a high priority initiative.
You should apply if:
- You have experience as a Project Manager, Program Manager, Consultant, or Agile Product Owner focused in mobile or web technology.
- You are passionate about bringing projects to a close and coordinating a successful handoff to other teams.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have a proven track record of fostering relationships and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
About Our Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave.
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
Read Full Job Description