Golden Hippo Media is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo Media is currently looking for a Purchasing Manager who will be responsible for the execution of spend management strategies, supplier qualification, selection and management across all direct spend, with a focus on raw material packaging and co-manufacturing spend. This position will also develop and lead category strategy, including negotiations and day-to-day efforts to support efficient business operations. The Procurement Manager is responsible for making buying decisions which deliver value to the organization. This includes management of quality, supplier performance and development, pricing negotiations, contract management, risk mitigation, and conflict resolution. To provide maximum value and to ensure compliance with company expectations, the Procurement Manager must develop beneficial relationships with key stakeholder departments to determine requirements, expectations and drive opportunities.
The ideal candidate is highly adaptable, can work independently, problem solve, and thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing, growth environment. The candidate will be able to operate with a constant sense of urgency to execute daily challenges in an efficient manner yet remain strategic and forward thinking.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Develop, deploy and implement Procurement sourcing strategies to deliver maximum value, leverage and standardization.
- Negotiate supplier contracts to support critical business needs.
- Lead and support cross functional project teams as required to meet or exceed expectation on target costs and time.
- Communicate status of function to all levels of the organization.
- Develop, track and report price, delivery, payment terms, supplier quality, and other KPI metrics monthly.
- Develop cost savings initiatives and assist in the identification and execution of cost reduction strategies
- Develop supplier strategies to leverage and optimize relationships
- Develop supplier performance programs and direct supplier performance
- Responsible for aligning and implementing standardized purchasing processes and systems to leverage volume and resources across all areas of the organization
- Ensure product and service quality remain paramount during all supplier discussions and negotiations
- Manage supplier pool and develop vendor consolidation strategy to ensure strong partnerships
- Responsible for vendor master data and contract/document management system
- Provide strong leadership, guidance and mentorship to direct report team.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 5-10+ years related experience preferred
- Required Education: BA/BS in Related Field
- Preferred Licensure/ Certification: Certified Six Sigma or other process improvement methodology
- Advanced Negotiation skills
- Relationship building
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong Technical skills
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Adaptable and Flexible
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.