Platform Launch Consultant
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Bird team is seeking a Platform Launch Consultant who will be an exceptional addition to our team. Launch is a cross-functional team that touches every aspect of the business, working across operations, product, and sales. As a Platform Launch Consultant at Bird, you will oversee the initial operations of each market you launch in. The right person for this role is entrepreneurial, outgoing, and cross-functional with experience in sales, business development, client relations, and market ops. If you are someone who enjoys fast-paced, challenging environments and thrives when given autonomy, then this is a great role for you.
- Works with clients on various products and platforms, advising them on best practices to run operations.
- Travel to new markets and oversee launch operations.
- Build a launch plan, including research and data sources, for each market that you are assigned.
- Monitor metrics and develop actionable insights to improve the efficiency and performance of a new launch.
- Relay in-market insights to help our senior leadership and HQ operations teams continually improve their processes.
- Hustle and problem solve when unexpected issues inevitably arise as we pioneer a rapidly growing, brand-new industry
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working with clients, on-site
- Strong track record of excellence in execution and thriving when given autonomy
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and solve problems in ambiguous environments
- An analytical mindset
- The ability to assess a market, pull insights from the metrics you’ve been tracking, and execute a plan to improve
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description