Operations Associate- Fleet
Greater LA Area
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
As an Operations Associate on the fleet team responsible for the health and performance of vehicles in your city, you will be a key member of the local fleet operations team dedicated to providing riders with industry leading service. You will lead local monitoring, rebalance, and recovery of vehicles within your city, ensuring a ride is always nearby. This role directly impacts our relationships with local stakeholders and influencers as well as the millions of riders who rely on our service.
What You'll Do
- Drive the vision and execution of world class fleet operations within your city
- Work with a team of Fleet Specialists and oversee fleet technician teams
- Develop local services or programs customized to your city that support other teams at Bird, including strategic operations, vehicle operations, marketing, data science and government relations
- Plan expansion strategies and work with cross functional teams to grow the business in your city
- Oversee planning and serve as the primary operations contact for local events and partnerships
- Utilize tools, internal tracking metrics, and other reports to generate KPI reports for internal use in order to identify operational and process improvement opportunities
- Engage in zone design and plan and assign daily activities within each to optimize fleet performance
- Communicate with key players on operational issues, handle escalations, and notify general managers of high need situations
- Be a motivator for the team and provide leadership during response situations
What You'll Need
- Project management experience and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail
- Ideally experienced in sharing economy fleet management
- A down-to-earth, team player of high integrity that is quick in decision making and uses an analytical and data-driven mentality
- Mechanically and logistically savvy, willing to learn quickly and do hands-on work, and able to troubleshoot operational problems quickly and efficiently
- Willing to work irregular hours and be "on call" in support of 24/7 evolving business in our cities
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, get in the field, and lead by example
- Passion for Bird, its role improving city environments, and an interest in the “share economy” and platform methodology
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description