Manager of Project Management (PMO Manager)
Greater LA Area
Core Digital Media is searching for an enthusiastic, motivated, self-driven team player who’s ready to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and challenging work environment! Core Digital Media is currently seeking an outstanding PMO Manager to join the Project Management Office (PMO) team. The PMO Manager reports to the SVP Technology and works cross functionally to deliver complex projects while balancing competing priorities in a fast-paced (and very fun) environment. The PMO Manager will provide leadership to the PMO team as well as take a hands on approach to projects. Projects will focus on consumer facing websites, infrastructure roll outs, AdTech/Marketing Systems and data driven applications.
- Manages day to day activities in the PMO to ensure BAU and projects meet organizational goals and requirements
- Direct supervision of a team of Project Managers
- Organizing and facilitating activities for the PMO team - including staff meetings, 1:1 meetings and working sessions
- Coaching and mentoring the PMO team in implementing and evolving Agile norms and best practices
- Promote the Agile values and principles - as well as coach and mentor across the organization
- Analyzing the state of the Agile teams within the responsible areas to determine Scrum Master resourcing needs and opportunities for improvement of Agile practice
- Establish effective Agile governance approaches - such as assessments, metrics, dashboards and reporting
- Actively manage projects in portfolio
Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
- Strong problem analysis and resolution. Recognizes problems or situations and evaluates alternatives to find solutions using a systematic, flexible approach.
- Develops improvements and innovations to improve performance
- Demonstrates superior collaboration skills and techniques which appropriately define alternate solutions; resolve conflicts and create lasting, productive partnerships with partners and stakeholders
- Actively participates, pro-actively engages in planning, priority setting, and implementation. motivates project team members to action
- Exceptional written and verbal communication. Ensures that project status, issues and successes are communicated to project team, stakeholders, and sponsors and are documented appropriately.
- Addresses delicate situations and handles conflicts to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk
- Understands how and when to make a choice as well as the appropriate timing to escalate issues
- Able to prioritize based on business needs and has the skills to analyze the risks and future impact of decisions
- Executing multiple projects and initiatives of short to medium duration (2-6 months).
- Driving weekly releases for vertical and/or horizontal; review and prioritization of work and resource planning. Coordinating Development and QA teams (on site, remote and offshore) and communicating with all impacted parties
- 10+ years Project Management experience in a software or online environment. Bachelor’s degree required for this position
- 4+ years working with Agile project management methodologies
- 3+ years in management role
- Familiar with web technologies and online software development practices
Read Full Job Description