Localization Program Manager
We’re looking for a Localization Program Manager to join our team in Carpinteria, CA or Austin, TX. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to Procore’s fastest growing business segment: international markets. As a Program Manager of Localization, you’ll ensure the success of Procore’s localization business strategy. You’ll help develop our localization model and workflows to produce high-impact results while shortening our localization time-to-market goals.
As a successful Localization Program Manager, you’re a self-motivated worker who excels at defining their own goals, taking on new commitments, and adapting to frequently changing requirements. You’re detail-oriented and can deliver projects with different deadlines to multiple stakeholders and teams with differing incentives.
This position will be based in our Carpinteria, CA office.
What you’ll do:
- High-level company-wide localization project management including go-to-market schedule, scope management, resource planning, risk assessment, and budget management
- Review, prioritize, and track the progress of corporate localization issues that impact the relevancy, quality, and functionality of localized content
- Function as a business partner with internal stakeholders by driving the implementation of optimal workflows and defining localization strategies for your program. Represent Localization Solutions, providing recommendations, and evangelizing the vision of the Localization Solutions organization
- Work closely with a wide range of individuals including language specialists, localization engineers, terminologists, product management and development, internal business partners, and external vendors and other departments
- Establish positive communication among internal customers, functional groups, and external vendors to identify potential issues and effectively remove barriers to localization program success. Drive escalation to resolution, if needed
- Creates, establishes, and maintains translation/localization partnership ecosystem company-wide
- Monitor and analyze the performance of partners through evaluations and other KPIs; monitor and enforce applicable requirements
- Drive a project and program retrospectives with product and/or marketing teams, functional groups, and related business partners to optimize program effectiveness
- Engage in cross-functional or corporate initiatives to represent localization and influence stakeholders for continuous process improvement
- Review, prioritize, and track progress of issues that affect localized product content for technical accuracy, quality, and usability.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience with localization engineering and/or project management
- BA/BS in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with localization platforms such as a TMS (e.g. CloudWords, PhraseApp, Smartling, etc.), CAT tools, and machine translation (MT) services (e.g. Microsoft, Lilt, DeepL, etc.), and related file formats
- Strong understanding of how to improve translation quality by leveraging glossaries and translation memory
- A self-starting learner who thrives under pressure and enjoys team success
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Flexibility in a dynamically growing/evolving company–this is a must!
- Proven success leveraging machine translation tools in business appropriate workflows, streamlining complex processes, and improving workflow efficiency
Bonus skills - these are not required, but are a plus:
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects, challenging schedules and conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge of additional languages other than English (multilingual or a polyglot)
- Experience working with international teams, seeing the perspective of both headquarters and international offices.
- Ability to speak and write in one or more non-English languages
- Experience working on localization projects for a B2B SaaS company
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.