Director of Project Management
Keys of Success:
- Innovation: Stay up-to-date with industry trends and implement new processes to ensure projects are successful.
- Results: Results for this role are seen through project completion and on-time delivery.
- Care: This role demonstrates a commitment to facilitate the delivery of complex projects.
- Efficiency: This role will focus on improving efficiency across functional teams and processes, and removing roadblocks to delivery.
- Experience: This role will assist in deploying projects and products that help our clients grow and manage their businesses.
- Collaborate with VP of Product and Director of Engineering to design and implement best practices for large-scale projects across the Product and Technology organizations.
- Define process improvements and feedback for projects that need creative project management strategies required for timely execution.
- Ensure compliance to project management standards across teams.
- Gather project requirements and maintain effective communication between cross-functional teams, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Maintain project documentation in an appropriate project repository for easy access by stakeholders.
- Manage sprints and forecasting for three-to-six month roadmap(s).
- Coordinate and conduct regular project status meetings and distribute meeting minutes.
- Perform risk management and evaluate potential impact and response strategy.
- Manage, coach and mentor Program and Project Managers on project management and agile best practices.
- Ensure that change management processes are followed.
- Work closely with the Leadership to ensure that project deliverables and timelines are consistent with Scorpion business priorities.
- This is a role best suited for a proven leader adept at executing complex programs in highly matrixed environments through influence with strong communication, professional development skills, and a deep commitment to process and compliance. You are a harmonizer who can drive alignment across business functions.
- A minimum of 8 years of project management experience, with an emphasis in supporting large scale enterprises.
- A minimum of 5 years of program management experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the Information Technology / Engineering-industries.
- Must have advanced knowledge of program and project management methodologies; core knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies and SDLC required.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and experience with large-scale, complex, cross-discipline technology projects, including scope definition, schedule development, and management, communications and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Demonstrated success in planning and launching new initiatives.
- Experience transitioning teams from waterfall to Scrum and/or Kanban methodologies preferred
- Executive reporting experience required; able to provide clear and concise verbal and written project status updates at the Senior Leadership Team (C-level) via multiple approaches with limited to no supervisory review.
- Proven experience with risk management; must be able to confidently convey risks, issues and blockers and present alongside proposed mitigation or resolution plans.
- Able to proactively identify and eliminate or mitigate program/project dependencies during the planning.
- Must have experience managing, training and/or coaching other Project Managers.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- You thrive when given the chance to design systems and processes that facilitate efficient collaboration and execution.
- You understand the benefits of moving quickly and enjoy teaming up to solve hard problems.
- You must have experience in leading planning, resource management, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic product organization with a fast-moving startup culture.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong work ethic. Does what it takes to get the job done and naturally goes the extra mile.
- Detail-oriented with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Able to manage competing priorities with no supervisory input.
- Flexible and responsive to changing situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and focused on achieving results.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-task, fluid environment capable of reacting instantly to changes in a competitive business environment.