Creative Services Director
Fame House, a Universal Music Group company, is seeking a Creative Services Director to run our award-winning creative department. The Creative Services Director is responsible for managing of all aspects of our creative services business, including department planning & resourcing, project management and delivery across client jobs, and directly managing our team of designers, photographers, video editors, and developers.
A key leader in the company, this person will partner with all FH dept. heads to improve cross-departmental operations and ensure that our creative team's talents are being effectively leveraged across all client work. To be successful in this role, you must have incredibly strong communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to bridge the gap between creative work and business goals.
Founded in January 2011, Fame House is an award-winning e-commerce and digital strategy agency with offices in Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and New York that's built to uniquely serve the needs of the modern music industry. Fame House's early foresight into crafting services around the new opportunities of connecting artists and fans online led them to help establish a new key role within the music ecosystem serving artists and entertainers alongside labels, management companies, event companies and agents.
- Lead all aspects of creative department operations and management.
- Directly manage and oversee a team of graphic designers, photographers, video editors/motion graphics artists, and web developers.
- Set and manage all project timelines across creative jobs, including merchandise design, webstore design & custom development, video editing, graphic design, website builds, logo design & branding, and more.
- Scope out and monitor creative project budgets.
- Manage resourcing against all creative jobs.
- Ensure timely client delivery across projects, including rush and after-hours requests.
- Ensure creative team output meets FH standards of excellence and client expectations.
- Manage client relationships as it pertains to creative work.
- Manage a network of freelance contractors to outsource creative work to as needed, including identifying and on-boarding new contractors.
- Pitch clients on new creative work.
- Be responsible for quarterly dept. goals and reporting back to senior management on performance.
- Work closely with all departments to funnel incoming projects, establish clear creative direction and supervise their completion.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage individuals and teams, including many different personalities.
- Ability to comfortably manage multiple project deadlines and requirements simultaneously in an incredibly fast-paced environment.
- High-level understandings of the design and development process for social graphics, video editing and motion graphics, merchandise design, ecommerce store development, and websites.
- Ability to quickly and calmly react to changing client needs and deadlines, both internal and external.
- Adept problem solver; ability to come up with inventive solutions on the fly.
- Ability to work well with different personalities and stakeholders both internally and externally to produce results for clients.
- Experience setting and managing project budgets and revenue projections.
- Experience assembling quarterly department reports.
- Collaborative, detail oriented, analytical thinker who is able to quickly and calmly react to changing needs and deadlines.
- Expert-level organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills-client communication skills are essential.
- High level of comfort presenting to groups both over the phone and in person.
- Basic proficiency of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Mac OS
- Proficiency with Basecamp and/or Monday.com is a major plus
- 5+ years working in digital project management, client needs, budgets, and creative deliverables.
- Experience working within a fast paced creative environment, preferably within the music or retail industries.
- Background in pitching new business, specifically in a creative field.
- Experience managing creative professionals or teams in a similar setting
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, business, or a related field.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.