Creative Project Manager
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we're committed to leaving people better than we found them. We're in the business of feeding people, and we're out to change what that means.
sweetgreen is looking for a project manager to manage the creative pipeline and end-to-end project life-cycle — from briefing through execution and implementation. The creative project manager will work closely with the creative team and partners to manage project workflow, seasonal menu rollouts, budgets, build schedules, traffic assets and keep things running like clockwork. They will own vendor relationships, communication, process and production for creative initiatives and campaigns such as menu rollouts, community marketing, event collateral and photoshoots.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities:
- Oversee resource management and workflow of the Creative team consisting of Graphic Design, Content, Photography and Videography
- Manage the creative pipeline including assisting with ticketing, scheduling Creative Briefings, developing timelines with key milestones, delivery and proper cataloging of assets on Box
- Ensure team maintains appropriate processes, procedures and job tracking to keep deliverables on time and on budget
- Evaluates, optimizes and update processes to better align with the creative team’s evolving needs and priorities
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including Brand Marketing, Social, Supply Chain, Food + Beverage and Ops Services, Digital Product
- Manage milestones between Digital Product, UX, Tech and Creative
- Continuously evaluate and communicate status of ongoing projects, identify any bottlenecks or risks, manage expectations as needed
- Onboard new hires onto project management tool and digital asset management tool
- Maintain effectiveness of current creative review process between Creative, Stakeholders and Executives
- Assist in consolidating feedback in creative reviews and effectively communicating changes to creative team.
- Maintain digital asset management system to ensure it stays organized and up-to-date
- Overall, create an environment in which the creative process operates with high efficiency and has room to create true brand value in its output, maximize creative productivity and pivot in response to company goal
- Steward change where necessary and be the expert in industry best practices
About you: (minimum requirements)
- 2-3 years experience in a creative project management role working directly with in-house creative teams and managing external vendors and contractors
- Ability to collaborate and perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience optimizing processes aimed at improving workflow
- Ability to effectively manage multiple cross-functional teams and stakeholder expectations.
- Proven ability to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships with both creative and technical partners, internally and externally
- Fluent in creative workflow: Budget creation, strategic planning, tracking and management, contract negotiation, managing freelance and external agency partners
- Ability to partner with creative leadership and possess a true understanding of creative team needs and potential
- Expert organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, monitor, and manage workload.
- Highly collaborative, driven by creative excellence and a self-starter, finely tuned aesthetic sense, skilled at bringing people together, highly organized, excellent written and verbal communication skills and strategic thinking
- A bachelor degree in printmaking, marketing, graphic design, advertising, branding, or any relevant field of study
- Experience with project management tools (Monday, Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suit.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.