Greater LA Area
About Spring Labs:
Spring Labs is transforming that way that data is shared through the creation of the Spring Protocol -- a blockchain-based protocol that enables the creation of data marketplaces to facilitate the sharing of private & secure information. The first use case for the Spring Protocol is the creation of a data marketplace for consumer credit and identity data, effectively disrupting the existing bureau system and building a more transparent, fair, secure, and cost-effective solution for both consumers and banks/lenders.
To-date, Spring Labs has raised $15.8mm in seed funding from some of the top VCs and blockchain funds in the world, including August Capital, Pritzker Group, Jump Capital, Multicoin Capital, and Wavemaker Genesis.
If you're someone who wants to work at the bleeding edge of nascent technology, push yourself and collaborate with a resourceful and highly-motivated team, and strive to build a more secure, open, and transparent world of data sharing, then we would love to hear from you!
About the Compliance Associate Role:
The Compliance Associate will assist in implementing, managing and conducting the vendor due diligence review process for Spring Labs. This person will be the point of contact for Spring partners and third-party vendors for initiating the review process and will be responsible for ensuring that all phases of the review process are completed on time. This person will work under the supervision of the Legal Counsel/Chief Information Security Officer and assist them in reviewing Cybersecurity Policies and Procedures, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans (BC/DR) and SOC Audit Reports. They will also be involved in implementing procedures required for BC/DR, SOC etc. The perfect candidate is agile, can learn on the job, and interested in technologies, laws and regulations related to security, privacy, compliance, and risk management.
- Act as point of contact for new and existing due diligence review requests
- Understand the procedures involved in the due diligence process e.g. BC/DR, SOC, Record Management etc. and help in implementing them
- Thoroughly assess large volume of documentation
- Conduct gap analysis between existing policies and procedures, and new requests
- Assist in the composition and maintenance of written policies and procedures
- Assist in internal review processes
- Oversee procurement and deployment of products and services required for due diligence
- Familiarity with the following: GLBA, BSA/AML, FCRA, & UDAAP
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with risk assessment
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience documenting processes & procedures
Additional Qualifications (Preferred, Not Required)
- Masters degree or J.D.
- 2+ years of experience working in security auditing, compliance or vendor due diligence
- Familiarity with security, privacy, compliance and risk management tools and technologies
- Project management experience
Spring Labs Core Values
- "Everyone is a Founder"
- Operate with Integrity
- Work Hard, Have Fun
- The Best Ideas Win/No Ego
Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description