Artists Relations & Development Associate Temp - Society6
Society6 is a creative marketplace where independent artists upload designs on quality goods ranging from art, home décor and accessories. Every purchase pays an artist, and all our 50+ products are made to order. With designs from over 300,000 artists, you’ll always find something new, unique and perfect for you.
We are looking for an Artist Relations & Development Associate Temp to support the internal review of artist generated content from our Santa Monica office.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Artist Relations & Development Associate Temp grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Artist Community Manager
As Artist Relations & Development Associate Temp you will:
- Lead artist acquisition efforts by identifying target artists, supporting outreach, developing recruitment materials, responding to artist inquiries.
- Cultivate strong relationships, manage day-today communications and identify opportunities to ensure the best possible experience for top selling and high potential artists.
- Support the development and execution of artist programs and community initiatives to drive uploads, artist referrals, and retention (VIP programs, affiliate and ambassador programs).
- Partner on the development of onboarding resources and content to inspire new members of the artist community to engage with the platform, upload artwork, and build their business by achieving sales early in their lifecycle.
- Serve as an additional liaison for artist facing brand partnerships and work to identify additional partnership opportunities that grow and engage the artist community.
- Support the development and publication of recurring newsletters and artist facing content that will engage, educate, and inspire our artist community targeted to our key artist tiers.
- Build a network of contributing artists to support the monthly editorial calendar with authentic and insightful blog content.
- Oversee artist product launches by overseeing launch strategy and engaging with artists to enable high quality designs in support of merchandising efforts.
- Publish content to artist facing forums (ie. Society6 Artist Hub on Facebook) and support moderation of artist feedback / inquiries.
- Manage and maintain artist-facing FAQs.
- Problem solve and support escalated artist inquiries by providing support to key customer service team members and creating the guidelines for successful artist interactions.
- Ensure consistency of the artist facing voice across our communications.
- Track and report on the success of artist initiatives and frequently monitor key artist KPIs.
You’ll be successful if you are an excellent communicator, problem solver, and have a passion for working with artists, designers and other creative entrepreneurs.
What You Have:
- At least 3 years of experience working directly with large communities in a marketplace setting, ideally within the tech/startup landscape
- A natural leader and community advocate with experience supporting large scale artist or creative communities
- You’re passionate about art, entrepreneurship, and new media/technology
- Previous knowledge and experience with Society6’s platform and community preferred
- Experience working on a cross-functional team of designers, marketers, engineers, and business partners
- You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and is comfortable juggling multiple projects at one time
- You are well versed in new user acquisition and retention techniques and have proven yourself within a growth role
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Exceptional organizational analytical skills, follow through and attention to detail.
- Ability to manager short-term needs with long-term priorities.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A great attitude and strong work ethic goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.