Location: Hollywood, CA
Reporting to: VP of Content
If you’ve ever taken an online course, you already know that 99% of them suck. The world has the ability to create incredible cinematic experiences, but the status quo for online education is having a dry, uninspiring instructor talk to the camera for hours on end. In an ice cream parlor of unlimited flavors, everyone else has opted for vanilla. We have our eye on the mint triple chocolate chip birthday cake cookie dough with strawberry whipped cream and banana nut sprinkles.
Jumpcut is a Y Combinator company, and went through the startup accelerator in summer 2016. We've raised around $2M to date in venture funding, and are currently profitable. We create cinematic online courses with some of the world’s biggest influencers. Our founding team has years of experience creating binge-worthy content -- and now we are on a mission to interrupt the online education industry by creating courses for the modern world that are as addictive as your favorite TV show.
For us, design is not a luxury -- it’s a necessity. Our mission to create the world’s best online courses is not just about course content and production quality. In order to truly set our students up for success, we believe we need to utilize design as a learning instrument to help our students learn. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for an innovative designer who isn’t afraid to take creative risks and has a thoughtful approach to UI. You’ll be responsible for interpreting all visual elements of the Jumpcut brand and integrating it into our marketing pages and learning platform. You’ll work with our Creative Head and our Product team to implement your designs and your goals will be twofold: how can you best improve our students’ learning experience, and how can you do so in a magnificently beautiful way?
- Leading the implementation of our branding, including both our brand redesign and continual interpretation of the Jumpcut brand. This includes beautiful illustrations, typography choices, interpretations of the color palette, and designs with creative risks.
- Improve conversion rates of final sales by 10% through improving design on opt-in pages, landing pages, home page, etc.
- Create aesthetically beautiful assets for our platform, including: thumbnails, banners, product images, etc.
- Improve our students learning experience by creating/iterating on features dedicated to student success (ex: bootcamp, video player page).
- Collaborate with the product team to quickly create mockups for new features and make changes based on feedback.
- Work closely with our front-end developers: This includes collaborating with, getting feedback from, and implementing changes based on technical-related feedback. For example: creating designs at varying screen sizes, as well of the limitations and common practices of web.
- Work alongside our UX designer to visually implement and iterate on their user stories, wireframes, or flow charts.
- 3+ years of design experience in a team working on consumer facing products
- Fluent in Sketch (preferred), Photoshop, Figma, etc.
- Able to produce work outside of own personal style and aesthetic
- Accept feedback and improve quickly -- highly adaptable
- Easily brainstorm and produce oodles of ideas
- Impeccable communication skills
Additionally, you might be a good fit if…
- You have experience designing learning platforms
- You have experience managing junior designers + helping them grow into a senior role
- You have experience growing a design team (hiring)
- Your portfolio is filled with designs that we would love to have our name tied to
Benefits, Perks, and Compensation:
We’ve got some pretty sweet digs, catered meals, unlimited PTO, and a full suite of benefits. Check out jumpcut.com/about for more information and to meet the team!
Compensation is competitive, and dependent on experience: $90,000-130,000 annually.