Technical Product Manager
Shippabo is a cloud-based supply chain management platform built by a team of shippers and supported by global logistics experts. Through Shippabo, businesses can oversee their supply chain from anywhere, at any time, and on their terms.
To empower everyone along the supply chain by bringing greater transparency, collaboration, and actionable data to the world of shipping and logistics.
Here at Shippabo, we believe in the power of empathy and trust, proactivity and resoluteness, continual learning and transparency. These values guide everything we do, internally and for our customers.
We’re a team of shippers, logistics experts, and technologists motivated by our massive shared opportunity: To transform the shipping industry. We’re tenacious, driven workers who believe deeply in achieving our mission, while remaining supportive and empathetic coworkers.
We expect nothing less than an actively inclusive work environment. And we’re committed to hiring the best team we can — regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.
Shippabo is on a mission to empower everyone in the supply chain. The role we’re looking to fill is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate about this mission. We’re excited to partner with a technical product manager who wants to lead a world-class team of engineers, designers, and researchers.
The product you’ll help to build and shape touches users who move billions of dollars worth of goods every year. Your job will be to help these businesses communicate across time zones intuitively, enhance productivity, and hit their cargo delivery goals — all while making the experience more intuitive, fun, and empowering.
On a day-to-day basis as a product manager you will:
- Manage the product roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritize this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- Deeply understand the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers
- Clearly and concisely define and frame the above problems for your team
- Collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve the above problems
- Scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as possible
- Continually evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in betas and after full release
- Own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team are responsible for, delivering world-class software in every release.
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience as a product manager with a proven track record of shipping impactful products
- Ideally have a strong design background, as it’s essential you’re able to think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create intuitive user interfaces
- Have experience working in B2B
- Can clearly communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them.
- Are comfortable making decisions without consensus and can help others make decisions by being persuasive
- Have deep experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You’ve conducted user research, A/B tests and have worked closely with design researchers and analysts.
- Are entrepreneurial; you don’t need direction; you're self driven
- Are able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically
- Ideally have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web and responsive applications.
- Ability to lead multiple complex projects across cross-functional, distributed teams and multiple clients