Technical Product Manager
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Technical Product Manager, Hallmark Movies Now
Are you passionate about bringing products to market that customers love - that will create emotional connections between people? Do you binge watch streaming movies and TV shows and wish you had the opportunity to have a major impact on a world-class streaming service widely distributed across nearly every type of connected device?
Who we are...
Hallmark Labs, LLC. (a subsidiary of Hallmark), based in Santa Monica, CA, currently operates three digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now (Streaming Videos on Demand Service), Hallmark eCards (Digital Expression Service), and Out of the Box (personalized, print-on-demand greeting cards.) We leverage Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections with great sentiments, and progress it into the digital age at a rapid pace with cutting-edge technology.
The Product Manager for Hallmark Movies Now will assist in envisioning the future of how people will stream movies and television shows by listening, asking insightful questions, and conducting industry research. You will own the requirements process for your assigned features and work directly with key business stakeholders and the Senior Product Manager to find out what is needed to accomplish their goals and document the results.
- Clearly be able to communicate what is in the roadmap and why; understand what benefits the work is expected to confer on the business; anticipate what risks need to be managed / mitigated / prevented.
- Work with various departments to educate, support, and inspire as needed to create buy-in for new initiatives.
- Write clear and defined user stories that developers can translate in to actionable items.
- Define user flows, create wireframes and gather technical requirements.
- Perform analysis using data from various platforms/tools including Omniture and Tableau.
Who we think would be a fit…
We are looking for someone who brings a pragmatic approach to product management and thrives on bringing successful products to market. You might have worked at large top name companies, but you prefer small nimble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on getting stellar products to market quickly. You have the skills and experience, but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products.
- 2+ years of hands-on software engineering experience.
- Experience with PHP, Golang or NodeJS.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with JSON and XML.
- 1+ years of experience working at startups; working at consumer-facing technology companies in an agile/scrum lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years professional work experience.
- Video streaming experience.
- Experience with Google Docs and Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with industry standard wireframing tools.
- 2+ years leading a product relying on API services and a CMS.
- Experience with Microservices architecture.
- Ability to define problems and collect data to draw valid conclusions.
- Experience working at startups; working at consumer-facing technology companies; subscription-based services with e-commerce experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with wireframing, diagramming product user flows, A/B testing, and creating product requirements documentation.
- Experience creating, running, and analyzing user testing scenarios and implementing changes based on data and user feedback.
- Strong project management skills.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Labs will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Employment by Hallmark Labs is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields.
LIVE WELL:Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
REFUEL:Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we’re near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.