Sr. Product Manager - Web
The Sr. Product Manager - Web is responsible for making compelling consumer experiences for web that simplify the adoption and management of renewable energy for the home.
As Sr. Product Manager - Web, you will have the unique opportunity to work with the Director of Product - Consumer and the VP of Product to develop a product and business strategy for Inspire’s website and consumer-facing web applications from the ground up and formulate a roadmap to bring that strategy to life. You will be responsible for empowering customers to have engaging experiences regardless of touchpoint or energy subscription plan. In addition to researching, planning and strategizing, you will be required to roll up your sleeves and ship product directly.
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Central to this role is a relentless focus on creating software products that improve customer’s lives. The ability to create products that help consumers effortlessly and painlessly optimize their energy usage in ways that are delightful to use is critical. Understanding and contextualizing the human behavior that drives the ebbs and flows of energy consumption in the home is paramount to creating products that power our subscription business and Inspire’s ability to deliver clean energy at scale.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Own the roadmap and performance of Inspire’s consumer-facing web presence - You will work with the Director of Product - Consumer, the VP of Product and stakeholders across the company to develop Inspire’s consumer product strategy for Web and be responsible for delivering on the roadmap.
- Define, Instrument and Manage to KPIs relevant to your product portfolio - Work with the VP of Product and cross-functionally to develop and operationalize the key metrics you will use to grow the business’s total footprint.
- Contribute to Inspire’s Net Promoter Score - Ensure that your products are delivering consumer experiences that delight users and generate organic growth through word of mouth.
- Contribute to the the growth of Inspire’s loyalty program - Collaborate with the Director of Product - Consumer to identify and roadmap the web experiences that will support the adoption and retention of Inspire’s customer loyalty program, driven by internal and external analysis.
- Collaborate with Hardware team to create a seamless hardware+software experience - Ensure that our hardware and smart home strategy is integrated into our experiences for web.
- Work with the Director of Product - Consumer, the VP of Product to develop, define and socialize consumer web experience strategy and roadmap with executive management and key stakeholders.
- Ship and make progress on consumer-facing Web roadmaps.
- Optimize Inspire’s website for all stages of the customer journey: Awareness, Consideration, Purchase, Retention, Advocacy
- Work cross-functionality with product marketing to co-own growth initiatives for web.
- Assist in the retooling and relaunch customer loyalty program across all consumer-facing web touchpoints.
TRAITS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Customer-Obsessed - Your desire to create value for the average consumer borders on obsessive. Determining what moves the needle in a family’s day-to-day interactions with their home is what drives your product decision-making.
- Doer - Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and wade through the muck to uncover the right answers.
- Learning machine - Consumes and distills new information voraciously, climbs learning curves with dizzying speed. We should feel like we would have a hard time keeping up with you and be compelled to level up our game as a consequence.
- Systems Thinker - You can reason from First Principles to parse signal from noise, extrapolate the underlying pattern, identify the sensitive inputs & weightings and generalize to other contexts.
- Foresight - You are able to balance the needs of the present without jeopardizing or constraining optionality in the future. You can play out the multi-round consequences of available paths or tactics, take the long-term view and do not make a habit of cutting corners.
- High Trajectory - You are pursuing personal and professional growth as a top reason for changing jobs. You actively seek coaching and working environments that imprint you with new skills and abilities to level up.
- Humility - You are comfortable enough to know when to say “I don’t know”. You share credit with the team when things go well and volunteer to own the blame when something goes wrong in your corner of the kitchen.
- Leadership - You can rally a team by leading through influence, not fiat. You are able to tune your communication style make your message more receptive to each individual member of the team.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Stellar user research chops - You are not afraid to dig in and unearth the underlying causal mechanisms that drive adoption, usage & retention. Well-versed in ethnography, generative interviews, evaluative interviews, & A/B testing.
- A strong eye for user experience - Must be able to communicate using design tools like Sketch, Figma, or the Adobe Suite.
- Web experience - direct experience leading the development and launch of compelling consumer experiences for web. Should have ambidexterity in creating both content-driven and tool-based web experiences. Ecommerce experience is a huge plus.
- Technical Knowledge - Must be familiar with the latest technologies including Rails, React, PostgresSQL, Heroku, AWS, S3, CMS etc.
- Strong business acumen - especially familiarity with subscription-based consumer electronics businesses and Saas metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - especially in creating detailed, crisp business requirements, functional requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product.
- Leadership - Prior experience leading cross-functional teams in engineering and design to craft and ship products that delight.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Saas metrics typical of any subscription business, including but not limited to: acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Progress on roadmap vs commitments.
- Adoption and retention of loyalty program.
- Per capita energy reduction of homes in the Inspire membership base.
- Co-own growth metrics with product marketing.