Sr. Product Manager - Internal Tools
As Senior Product Manager for Internal Tools, you empower Inspire’s efforts to provide a delightful, modern sales and member service experience to our customers and accelerate the adoption of smart, renewable energy to the home.
You will have a unique opportunity to develop a suite of web and mobile products enable our operations and member experience organizations to improve performance as it scales and grows. Working with the Director of Internal Tools and VP of Product, you will develop and execute a strategy and roadmap for transitioning our operations and customer experience teams from 3rd-party tools to internally built products. Your products will be obsessed on creating a stellar user experience by making our member experience and operations teams more effective in their interactions with our customers. Further, you will be responsible for managerial and operational capacity of middle management and senior leadership by providing dashboards and windows into how usage of your products is driving the business forward.
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
The ultimate, if not only, measure of our sales and member experiences teams’ efforts is whether the customer decides to buy from and - more importantly - stay with Inspire. While the “users” of your products will be internal Inspire employees, your ultimate success depends on your ability to aid them in their efforts to build strong relationships with our customers and do so at scale. Ensuring that our sales agents are helping Inspire make a good first impression and our member experience teams are following up with high-impact interactions will determine the how long-term of health of our customer relationships are made.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES -
- Improve the Sales Agent Experience - Develop a suit of self-serve tools and portals for Sales Agents to track their progress, earnings and leverage data to make improved, targeted performance.
- Improve the Post-Sale Experience - Ensure that the initial series of follow-on interactions with our customers is a smooth and delightful experience. Build tools that effectively bridge the coordinating activities between our Sales and Member Experience teams.
- Improve the installation experience - Own the evolution of our Installer App to help Inspire teams effortlessly create delightful onboarding experiences.
- Help Sales & Member Experience Managers better support their teams - Develop tools and portals to give managers a birds-eye view into the performance of their agents to take action in real-time.
- Improve the managerial and operational capacity of Inspire’s Sales and Member Experience Leadership - Create tools and portals for Inspire executives to make better-informed decisions at both the strategic and operational level.
- Work with the Director of Internal Tools & the VP of Product to develop, define and execute a strategy and roadmap for transitioning our sales and member experience operations from 3rd-party tools to internally built products.
- Collaborate with Sales, Member Experience, Data Science, Operations and Product Marketing to define and map business requirements. Ensure that roadmap decisions are driven by and understanding of what will move the needle now and in the future.
- Work cross-functionally to define, develop, ship and grow internal tools for web and mobile.
- Make a significant impact on retention, volume and Customer Lifetime-Value.
- Make a meaningful qualitative and quantitative impact on installation operations.
TRAITS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- You love salespeople - Success in this role requires strong empathy for and desire to empower field salespeople to succeed and have a good time doing it.
- You love operations - You love helping people get things done for our customers. Regardless of the internal function you love diving into the workflows, understanding how the sausage gets made and finding ways to help employees improve the way things get done. To you, scaling means improving organizational output and helping people do more.
- Doer - You are not to roll up your sleeves and wade through the muck to uncover the right answers.
- Learning machine - You consume distill new information voraciously, climbing learning curves with dizzying speed. We should feel like we would have a hard time keeping up with you and be compelled to level up our game as a consequence.
- Systems Thinker - You can reason from First Principles to parse signal from noise, extrapolate the underlying pattern, identify the sensitive inputs & weightings and generalize to other contexts.
- Foresight - You are able to balance the needs of the present without jeopardizing or constraining optionality in the future. You can play out the multi-round consequences of available paths or tactics, take the long-term view and do not make a habit of cutting corners.
- High Trajectory - You are pursuing personal and professional growth as a top reason for changing jobs. You actively seek coaching and working environments that imprint you with new skills and abilities to level up.
- Humility - You are comfortable enough to know when to say “I don’t know”. You share credit with the team when things go well and volunteer to own the blame when something goes wrong in your corner of the kitchen.
- Leadership - You can rally a team by leading through influence, not fiat. You are able to tune your communication style make your message more receptive to each individual member of the team.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Stellar user research chops - You will be doing a significant amount of rapid prototyping and user research, going into the field with sales agents to understand how new product changes affect customer experience and sales agent effectiveness.
- Prior experience building internal tools - Strong preference for experience leading cross-functional teams to develop and launch of sales-specific software tools, point-of-sale solutions, ecommerce experiences or tools for performance-based cultures.
- Strong business acumen - Familiarity with subscription-based consumer electronics businesses and Saas metrics.
- A strong eye for user experience - Must be able to communicate using design tools like Sketch, Figma, or the Adobe Suite
- Technical Knowledge - Must be familiar with the latest technologies including Rails, React, React Native, PostgresSQL, Heroku, AWS, S3 etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - especially in creating detailed, crisp business requirements, functional requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Progress on executing roadmaps and meeting deadlines.
- Ensuring that products released are performant, stable and scalable.
- Improving efficiencies across installer applications, internal CRM, inventory management, compensation engine and pricing.