Senior/Lead Product Manager - Fraud, Trust and Safety
DISQO is a next generation consumer insights platform. We provide the highest quality consumer data to the world's largest market research agencies, analytics companies, and brands. We operate one of the world's largest true consumer insights panels. This data helps our clients understand user behavior, build better experiences, and make better decisions. We utilize cutting-edge technology and innovative, out-of-the-box strategies to collect and analyze insights which help shape the products and services of tomorrow.
We’re looking for a product leader and rock-star to join a fast-paced and transformational company to manage various fraud initiatives. This person will have full responsibility for developing features, platforms, models and capabilities to proactively identify sources and patterns of fraud and minimize DISQO’s total exposure to financial risk. This individual will also develop and execute a long-term vision that will establish DISQO’s systems and capabilities as the industry leader in fraud management and mitigation.
This individual possesses a very high level of product development and management expertise and is very experienced in utilizing information generated from fraud patterns, data and prior experience to create insights for cross-functional stakeholders that includes engineers, analysts, and operations. They will ensure that we deliver a customer-first approach and define and articulate the customer experience and impact for fraud detection and prevention activities. This individual will be the ‘go to’ leader for multiple cross-functional teams to deliver the latest fraud and risk solutions across multiple businesses. This Product Manager is experienced and will take an experimental approach to designing and testing new product features.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be the product owner driving our strategic product and technology vision for Fraud.
- Develop and execute a customer-focused product roadmap via close collaboration with senior leadership, Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design and Engineering.
- Translate customer and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the fraud landscape
- Guide and interface closely with data analysis and engineering teams to define scope, review and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
- Oversee the design, development and management of real-time systems and models to combat systematic fraud, etc.
- Build long-term instrumentation, monitoring and evaluation capabilities for product performance, tracking, and to create product insights.
- Communicate and report overall status, primary metrics, key fraud issues and solution plans and readiness timelines to senior management and executives.
- Establish business cases and projected ROI on investment to identify and prioritize opportunities
- Partner with Finance and Business Leaders to manage the impact to profitability of the overall business.
We’re excited about you because…
- 3+ years of product management experience in the tech industry
- 3-5 years of experience across Fraud and Risk across payment, e-commerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries
- Proven experience in defining strategic vision and tactical execution to reduce fraud and build sustainable fraud products and systems.
- Experience in iterative, agile software delivery, short release cycles
- Focus and rigor on data and analytics to solve problems and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Experience in effectively working with multiple teams for collaboration and company-wide project delivery
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind of relevant stakeholders and conviction to stand-by decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially to communicate effectively with senior executives
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and drive independently
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or data-related domain