Rival is building a platform for the most coveted live events on the planet. We are a technology company with an exceptional team of talented and experienced product managers, designers, and engineers who have come together to build something the right way, from the ground up.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about building things, enjoy continuing to learn and grow, and who value open communication and collaboration. This role will work in our dog friendly, Playa Vista office. We have competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and unlimited PTO.
About the Role
Our product vision brings modern methods and technologies to bear on every aspect of attending and running major live events and we're looking for individuals who want to push the envelope of what's possible. This is an end to end product role that will focus on four key areas:
DEFINE: In this role you will clearly articulate product requirements based on feedback from users, your experience, and broader market conditions. This is a hands-on role, and you'll be working closely with our design team to write user stories, create wireframes, and build flows. You will map the competitive environment and expand our understanding of Rival's business risks and industry-wide (or niche) opportunities.
EXECUTE: In this role you will help develop our organization's culture around creating, prototyping, testing and releasing product at pace. You will set operational targets and manage a cross-functional effort to achieve them. This role requires a firm grasp on the interconnected relationship between the product team and its counterparts in engineering and marketing, with clear perspective on how best to manage projects and teams.
MEASURE: This role will require you to develop a real-time feedback loop monitoring products in the field for continuous improvement. You will also manage programs (internal and outsourced) to test Rival solutions’ usability. This role will be responsible for creating usability tests and overseeing the evaluation and integration of test results.
LEAD: You will cultivate high-performing teams launching ambitious product feature sets on aggressive timelines, ensuring the highest levels of quality for our users and customers. In this role, you will regularly create and prepare presentations (used both internal and with partners) and champion product initiatives and business cases for prioritization and development. You motivate others; you inspire your coworkers; and you lead by example.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience on highly technical teams with some exposure to mobile
- Significant experience with lean and agile product development methods
- Significant experience working with cross-functional teams, both internal and external
- Significant experience building and presenting product goals, initiatives, and business cases for prioritization and development
- Experience meeting deadlines and managing a heavy workload, providing visibility into the workflow and portfolio
- Experience creating user stories and wireframes
- Bonus points if you have a deep understanding of cloud technologies and leveraging big data
- Extra bonus points if you have experience with mobile commerce and consumer interface on peak demands (e.g. ride sharing on New Years Eve)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.