Senior Product Manager
What will I be doing?
- Every decision you’ll make, will be on behalf of your customers. You’ll define and carry out the product vision for them and will champion it through the entire organization while also managing tactical initiatives.
- You’ll deeply understand the problems that your customers are experiencing through research and interaction with customers, and then communicate those problems clearly back to your team.
- You’ll receive input and feedback from a wide range of stakeholders, understand the impact of this work, and then prioritize and deliver it to your team to make sure they are working on the most impactful projects.
- You’ll work with members across the organization to think outside of your current roadmap and build a big strategic vision around the future of your product and market. You’ll own large and complex strategic decisions and assess potential acquisition and partnership opportunities.
- You’ll constantly measure the success of your product and its ability to solve problems through both quantitative and qualitative measures.
- You’ll take full ownership for the success of your product, being scrappy when necessary and filling any responsibilities necessary.
- You’ll be dedicated to your fellow product managers, seizing opportunities to develop their skill sets and help them with their professional growth, while simultaneously trying to learn from them.
What skills do I need?
- You have 5+ years of experience of product ownership/management experience.
- You have an advanced ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, and delegate tasks.
- You approach problems with a data-driven mindset, building hypothesis and proving their validity with experimentation.
- You can clearly communicate the vision of your product, the roadmap, and the rationale behind them. You’re comfortable making decisions without consensus. You know when and how to equip other business units within GoGuardian.
- You have worked extensively with qualitative customer feedback and stories and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You’ve conducted user research and orchestrated tests in cooperation with researchers and analysts.
- You don’t need explicit direction or micro-managing. You’re self-driven and entrepreneurial. You’re scrappy and don’t need explicit processes or support to accomplish your goals.
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
- You have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex & modern web applications. You’re able to tailor the level of technical communication based on the audience the room.
- You have experience of leading and growing more junior Product Managers.
What else will help me succeed?
- You’ve also built products that have failed (and know why they did).
- You have a strong technical understanding.
- You possess a passion for education or EdTech.