Senior Product Manager - Data & Analytics
Greater LA Area
Based in El Segundo, CA, we are a venture-backed technology company disrupting the $800B freight transportation industry with an on-demand platform and marketplace connecting shippers and truckers.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers and analytical decision makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our Shippers, Carriers and Internal Users. We collaborate with some of the engineers and business partners to achieve our goals.
As a Senior Product Manager - Data, you will drive product strategy, help craft NEXT’s product road-map and deliver data-intensive products, experiences, and capabilities. You will be intimately involved in crafting NEXT’s product road-map, scoping and delivering the industry’s most effective web and mobile app products and offline experiences.
- You will be a technology thought leader in the freight transportation industry.
- You will define, manage, and own NEXT’s data strategy and be the expert of our data platform.
- You will work with large data sets to elicit customer insights, translating information into high impact road-map projects.
- You will manage and evangelize road-map opportunities with executives, business leaders and engineers.
- You will work with data scientists, engineers, and business leaders to build, test, ship and market experiments and projects.
- You will implement tools to support and interpret cross-department data needs.
- You will actively contribute to an amazing culture where people love to come to work
- You have 5+ years of Product Management experience working in fast-paced tech companies; 3+ years of agile product management experience.
- You have high customer empathy, with a desire to make our customers lives better.
- You have proven experience delivering scalable data solutions, data science and data visualization.
- You are able to write SQL, build dashboards and interpret data.
- You have strong understanding of relationship databases, machine learning, heuristic models, regression and classification capabilities.
- You are industrious and self-motivated.
- You are data-driven; you regularly seek out and use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with different personality types and seniority levels.
- You have enough technical knowledge to enough to gain the respect of software engineers.
- You are a team player who is willing to teach and learn
Nice to Have:
- Experience working effectively with remote/offshore teams.
- Experience in transportation, logistics, and supply chain industries.
- Experience in venture-backed startups or other hyper-growth environments.
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description