Senior Product Development Manager (Color Cosmetics)
Greater LA Area
As Senior Product Development Manager, you’ll lead the effort to launch new products and brands under our first-party division. You'll work with cross functional teams and manufacturing partners to see product development from conception to creation.
- Lead development of new products across all first-party brands
- Work with creative and technical teams to conceptualize and launch new brands
- Research and be familiar with market, formula, ingredient, packaging, and social media trends to drive decision making process for launching new products and brands
- Work with influencers and agencies to launch co-branded products and new influencer based lines
- Manage shade development by selecting colors for new products and providing feedback on sample formulations
- Work with our in-house lab and contract manufacturers to ensure quality control through mass production
- Work with the technical team on external product testing to ensure product stability and compliance with regulatory standards
- Travel internationally for onsite formula and shade development
- Manage timelines and budgets for first-party products
- Hold user testing sessions to evaluate product performance and product/market fit
- Be obsessed with product quality and performance
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years experience in color cosmetics/complexion product development
- Strong knowledge of global beauty brands, products, and trends
- Entrepreneurial spirit to be resourceful, find creative ways to get things done, and launch products
- Passionate about the beauty industry
- Organized, detail oriented, and ability to consistently work within deadlines and budgets
Hush is the top social shopping app in the United States.
We're a Series-B stage startup backed by Goldman Sachs, Index Ventures, and Y-Combinator. We are a DTLA-based collaborative team that takes a strong stance on technology, and pride ourselves on the wide scopes of ownership + impact + visibility that we all possess.
Our goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and focused on excellence, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we are committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
Read Full Job Description