We’re looking for a friendly, eager-to-learn product specialist to join our customer success team.
SimplePractice is built for our customers, and supporting their success is our top priority. We strive to provide unparalleled support and encourage our customers to always let us know how we can improve our products. You’ll be an integral member of the customer success team, getting to know and responding to thousands of SimplePractice customers, and working collaboratively with our team to constantly improve our customer success materials and processes. This role will give you front row access in a startup while you provide tangible value and support to our growing community.
What is the structure of this job?
This is a full-time position. There is some flexibility with working hours over time, but we request you to be present in the office in Santa Monica at 9am for the first 3 months. While our busiest times are earlier in the week, we’re looking for individuals that can offer weekend availability to help us manage our response time goals throughout the entire week.
There is an opportunity for some remote work down the line on an ad hoc basis, but the option to work remotely full time is not an option - we love collaborating in-person and building our team culture face to face!
What would you do for us?
- Triage incoming customer support emails to other specialty agents, answering up to 30% of all new emails
- Help your team answer all incoming inquiries in 60 minutes or less, continually striving for swifter response time
- Answer customer chats, phone calls, and hold live screen sharing sessions with customers
- Lead live Q&A product orientation sessions and 1 to 1s
- Work with the support team to identify patterns in support emails and keep an eye out for bugs or problems with the software
- Take ownership of routine problems with intuitive problem-solving skills, and escalate high-risk problems to our Support Team Lead
Our Product Specialist Must-Haves:
- High capacity, self-managing, and have a sense of urgency to complete work efficiently and accurately
- Experimental personality, and can quickly make edits to knowledge base articles or add new articles on the fly
- Upbeat, fun, and confident, and can pitch in on-camera in some of our live online customer classes
- Tech savvy and comfortable with web apps - Slack, Messenger, Zendesk, Google Docs, and the like help run our business. You should be able to use them with ease and be sharp enough to troubleshoot any issues you have.
More About You:
- You’re highly empathetic and patient, and really love helping people
- You’re obsessive about creating an exceptional experience for each of our customers
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on casual, friendly, conversational tone
- You’re self-managing, self-starting, and self-motivating, and can organize in a multitasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly
- Big plus if you have past experience working with Zendesk or in start-up environments
What’s the compensation?
Compensation will be based on experience and requirements. If you’re interested, send us your resume along with a couple lines about why you’d like to join our team, and some fun facts about your Myers-Briggs personality type. In your cover letter, please include a writing sample by answering these 3 support related questions:
A customer writes in, frustrated that he upgraded 2 weeks into his free 30 day trial. He says he didn’t understand that by entering his credit card information and upgrading his account, he would be voiding the remaining time on his 30 day trial and his account would be upgraded to a paid account immediately. He wants to get his full 30 days free. What is your response?
You open up the support queue in the morning and see what look like 5+ emails about the same issue. What do you do?
How would you walk someone through the steps of creating a new recurring appointment on the calendar in SimplePractice?
We build software that helps health & wellness professionals run their private practice. We’ve helped thousands of professionals by offering intuitive, user-centric software that’s totally focused on running a business and helping patients. That’s what our customers care about so that’s all we care about. We know this because we value relationships and constantly speaking with customers is the only way to deliver a great product. We’re a growing startup founded by a successful entrepreneur who was a therapist himself at one point in his career.
We have a beautiful office located in Santa Monica, CA just steps from the beach. People love working here because we practice what we preach about balance and health. On sunny California days, we take breaks and eat lunch together outside. We meditate. We read. We listen. We share. Our internal culture of helping each other succeed spreads to how we treat our customers.