iHerb is one of the leading global e-commerce retailers with its emphasis on Nutritional and Wellness products. Our mission is simple…providing the best overall value for natural products through "e-simplicity." Our values can be best defined as an environment in constant and continuous pursuit to conscientiously meet the needs of our customers, business partners, and team members while doing our part to safeguard the environment.
We are looking for a Product Manager to participate in the creation of new products and features for our global E-Commerce systems. The Product Manager establishes processes for management of product requirements throughout the development lifecycle, including maintenance. The Product Manager establishes processes for product release, is proficient in working with cross-functional teams and can translate customer and business needs into product definitions. The Product Manager should be familiar with and can carry out standard industry best practices and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The Product Manager leads and directs the work of others and has a wide degree of creativity and latitude as expected.
- Manage the development and/or enhancement of a product from requirement gathering and document until deployment and delivery
- Communicate effectively with others
- Gather data and metrics to drive projects and measure success
- Create complex schedules using project management software
- Lead a team in deconstruction of a project into a work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Carry out project life cycles in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Understand and use change management systems
- Proficient at gathering both internal and external data and turn it into decision making tools
- Trend analysis of products to plan for strategic enhancements based on current usage
- Discuss highly technical issues with software developers and stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience or understanding of Business processes for Retail and Wholesale industries desired.
- Experience in leading Business Analysis, Business Process Design and Application Development (SDLC).
- Experience completing Buy vs Build analysis
- Identify market opportunities and complete competitive analysis
- Experience developing product strategy with a strong aptitude for determining optimal market positioning
- Understand customer needs, gather details for initiatives and document supporting business cases
- Experience with managing a moderately complex product portfolio
- Can establish and track KPIs that demonstrate the overall health of a product portfolio
Experience and Education:
- Requires 4-8 years of experience in Product Management
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A degree in Computer Science is highly preferred