The primary focus for the Product Manager is to ensure that technology solutions meet the requirements of the Business. The product manager will work collaboratively with the Business Product Owners, and IT Product Owners and 3rd parties as necessary to facilitate roadmap definition, planning, delivery, process design, participate in the identification and resolution of Incidents and problem Root Cause Analysis, and to drive improvements across the business areas including, but not limited to, Rights, Repertoire, Content, and Supply Chain.
In addition to working with the Business Product Owners to gather and prioritize requirements, the Product Manager will work collaboratively with IT Product Owners and Business Product Owners to define product releases and articulate the requirements for the release in the form of Agile epics & stories, or other documentation as necessary. The product manager will support the Business and IT Product Owners in balancing business needs with developer capacity to ensure that the required capabilities are delivered to meet the deadlines established by the Business. The Product Manager is responsible for testing delivered capabilities and approving deployment into the live Business environment.
The Product Manager provides release notes to the Business on completed functionality and engages with users through system capability demonstrations, as well as onsite training where required.
- Participation in business requirement gathering for applications across UMGs technology portfolio.
- Working with relevant parties to manage and prioritise developments and releases
- Defining, improving and managing relevant processes within the business and system developments
- Identification and resolution of Incidents and problem RCA
- Communication with the Business on delivered system capabilities
- Serve as a subject matter expert on one or more rights, repertoire, content, or supply chain applications.
- Management of post-development UAT testing to ensure that functionality has been deployed to required business specifications
- Participation as a key advisor assisting with the delivery of capabilities associated with project releases
- Understands complex business problems and translates them to technical and/or process requirements.
- Understands Agile, RAD, waterfall, and other software delivery and testing methodologies.
- Understands how own role links to other areas and the implications of actions for other parts of the business. Recognises and uses the organisation's decision-making processes. Aligns one's own behaviour with the needs, priorities and goals of the business.
- Presents own position confidently using logical argument to convey systemic solutions to others in a way they will understand and find most satisfactory. Takes a partnership approach aiming for a win-win outcome.
- Shares and receives information in a polite and friendly manner.
- Has exceptional interpersonal skills, including but not limited to, listening, written and verbal communication skills, exceptional client facing/consulting skills and managing stakeholders
- Builds networks and relationships across the organisation and externally. Maintains and develops meaningful and reciprocal relationships.
- Work with retailers and suppliers to integrate business processes across the supply chain.
- Pre-empts problems, captures opportunities and takes initiative. Takes ownership for responsibilities, including actions and outcome. Proactive and quick to learn.
- Establishes priorities and develops clear, efficient and logical approaches to meet set deadlines and to achieve goals.
- 3-5 years in a similar role, with education to a Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- Music industry or other entertainment industry participation preferred
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.