As a Product Manager at Inspire, you’ll be responsible for a number of activities ranging from strategic to tactical and ultimately be responsible for managing the product development life-cycle including the strategy, roadmap, ceremonies, and feature definition of a the product line that your expertise is most complimentary of. We’re a highly cross-functional organization and you’ll likely work closely with other departments including Design, Product Marketing, Data Science & Analytics, and a number of others.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES / Where You’ll Own It!
- Own the ideation of features and creation of accompanying feature specs for a given product.
- Translate product goals into backlogs and prioritized features that effectively deploy resources.
- Direct a cross-functional team to plan the go-to market strategy of completed features.
- Use your understanding of UI concepts to provide feedback to UI team on designs that accomplish business objectives.
- Accurately estimate projects and partner with the engineering team(s) to ship predictably and on time.
- Communicate risks to estimated releases and propose mitigation plans.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS / Where You’ll Crush It!
- 3+ Years of product management experience
- Must be able to communicate using design tools like Sketch, Figma, or the Adobe Suite and be familiar with the latest technologies including Rails, React, React Native, PostgresSQL, Heroku, AWS, S3 etc
- You’ll be required to create products from the ground up, zero to one
- We operate in a fast paced, rigorous, exciting, and creative environment. The right Product Manager will be an incredible communicator, leader, builder, and collaborator leverages their grit and tenacity to make incredible experiences.
- Our Product Managers should be dripping passion about driving results and making great products
- Our dream Product Managers will be endlessly curious and constantly self educating to build knowledge of technical and product innovation and trends
- You should consider yourself excellent with analytical and problem solving skills
- We run an “Agile” process and you should be familiar with the methods of product discovery, design, validation, and development
- Ideally you have a history of shipping successful products that users loved
- The best PM’s we’ve seen are humble, empathetic, collaborative, great leaders, and always put the user first
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant.Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!