Product Manager (Technical)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR . . .
We're seeking a Product Manager to join our team - someone who embodies our values (community, curiosity, diversity, and empathy) while GETTING THINGS DONE. You will be responsibile for the management of the product development process, with heavy collaboration across Engineering, Product & Design, and Business Development as we change the way that gamers game.
The Product Manager handles the development sprints, anticipates day-to-day needs and assists with production of high-quality work for our platform, with a focus on connecting the necessary dots for continued success, building and maintaining a testing community, and implementing improvements once feedback is received. This role requires accurate and effective communication and a good dose of problem-solving with cross-functional teams throughout all levels the organization.
We are a small, collaborative team and every person contributes to the overall process and roadmap of Versus. Our approach is highly collaborative, test driven, and influenced by continuous problem-solving with a commitment to making things better every day.
YOU WILL HAVE . . .
- 4 or more years of experience working with clients to capture requirements, deliver solutions and mitigate schedule related risks
- 4 or more years of experience working with development teams to build video games and/or SDk’s.
- A software engineering or related technical background
- Experience with GitHub, Clubhouse, TFS or other Agile development tools.
- A track record of successfully transitioning projects and features from concept to production
- The ability to develop business cases that extend and enhance the product roadmap
WE NEED YOU TO . . .
- Be nimble, agile, and efficient. You will support product owners and communicate with them every step of the way, so you can set your team up for success, thoroughly documenting and following up on team decisions, issues and action items as soon as needs are identified.
- Be a driver. You will be one of the key leaders on the Agile teams facilitating Scrum processes through the sprints in order to meet product milestones.
- Flex your strategy. You’ll work with different people and teams, and your communication strategies should be tailored to your audience, what they need to know and how they’ll process the information best. In short: communication guru.
- Speak geek. You’ll need to understand what it takes to build SDK’s and video games and know how to work with developers through dependencies and technical challenges.
- Speak quality. You'll need to understand what it takes to deliver quality in world class products and how to ensure that the appropriate test plans have been developed and executed through out the processes making sure all workflows and performance issues have been tested.
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU . . .
- Look forward to growing with us as we become the go-to for implementing strategies that build engagement for world class console, personal computer and mobile games.
- Engage with the company department heads and become a leader of the product development processes
ABOUT US . . .
Versus partners with game developers and prize partners to facilitate real-money and prized-based video game matches. More Fintech than traditional gaming, the Versus platform will radically change the way that players and fans play interact with their favorite video games, offering developers new ways to engage players and grow their brands.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a strong veteran team in a growing startup opportunity, work with AAA game developers, and evolve a medium that is exploding in popularity.
We drive engagement and create long-term value for employees, partners, players, our communities, and our shareholders.
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work day schedule
- Matched 401(K)