Product Manager, Publishing
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
With aggressive goals that include the expansion of our US Operations and a commitment to Internationalization, we are growing our Content Systems and Publishing Product Team to scale for the incredible road ahead. As a Product Manager - Publishing, you will directly contribute to the analysis, strategy, execution, and continued innovation of the products that support Pluto TV’s Content Publishing Supply Chain.
If you have a passion for building great products, enjoy the art of collaboration, and have the natural ability to drive decisions that lead to highly usable software, we want to talk to you. This role reports to the Director of Product, Content Systems.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Being able to effectively speak to Pluto TV’s Content Systems Product Stack and collaborate with the team on projects supporting Pluto’s entire content supply chain.
- Using all of the provided tools and available resources to become educated on Pluto TV’s client facing Product and Distribution Partners, along with all of the Publishing products and workflows that support them.
- Partnering with product and editorial teams to identify CMS/Platform improvements that will have the highest positive impact to their workflows.
- Developing and maintaining a healthy, working relationship with the cross-functional teams across Content Operations, Content Partnerships, Content Curation, Engineering, Product, and Program Management.
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- At least 3 years of commercial experience in software product and/or program management; experience working in the entertainment or digital media industry is a plus.
- CMS / API Platforms: Experience building and expanding proprietary or commercial off-the-shelf content management systems (CMS) platforms supported by API services.
- Agile Processes: Experience and knowledge of Agile methodologies, preferably in the role of a product owner.
- Product Requirements Gathering: Experience partnering with various stakeholders and user groups to deeply understand, analyze, and document business requirements into product priorities, roadmap plans, and user stories.
- Cross-Team Synergy / Execution: Proven ability guiding and synergizing cross-functional teams from ideation to execution, ensuring the most efficient and impactful delivery possible.
- Data Analysis: Demonstrated experience with analyzing analytics to understand user behavior, platform performance and identify opportunity areas.
- Passion for Product Process and Innovation: Passionate about being involved throughout the entire life cycle, from product initiation to delivery, and sponsor continued innovation that empowers our team to deliver the best content experience in the industry.
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.