Product Manager (Growth)
Location: Hollywood, CA
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Did you know that only roughly 10% of students taking online courses actually complete them? There are over 1.3 million college students in the United States today majoring in business, but the classes they take are hideously outdated, dry, irrelevant to their future careers, and often are taught by someone who has no impactful experience in the field. Business education is fundamentally broken.
Jumpcut is a Y Combinator company, and went through the startup accelerator in summer 2016. We've raised around $2M to date in venture funding, and are currently profitable. We create cinematic online courses with some of the world’s biggest influencers. Our founding team has years of experience creating binge-worthy content -- and now we are on a mission to interrupt the online education industry by creating courses for the modern world that are as addictive as your favorite TV show.
We are looking for a Product Manager for our Growth Marketing product line. Your job will be to drive the strategy for growing Jumpcut’s student base. We have over 15,000 active students in our entrepreneurship courses, learning about YouTube and online business, and we’re constantly innovating and improving our marketing and acquisition funnels.
Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics, and customer-facing teams. You'll be working closely with our Co-Founders, Director of Marketing, Design, and Engineering to build out features to improve our customer acquisition experience, internal supporting tools, and reporting, yielding a higher conversion rate.
- Own the product lifecycle for the growth marketing team from conception to launch, including; planning, testing and measuring feature impact
- Work closely with our engineering team by participating in Agile ceremonies, continuously communicating product vision and priorities, and collaborating on implementation
- Conduct user research; talk to our customers, internal users, and stakeholders to understand and define common pain points
- Synthesize market needs, customer pain points, and internal requests; drive product strategy from these interactions
- Continuously iterate and experiment on our revenue streams and customer acquisition experiences; you’re comfortable with running A/B tests and analyzing its results.
- 2+ years of product experience building out full roadmaps and delivering web based solutions
- Strong technical background and experience working directly with engineers and QA
- Background in statistics, business, or growth marketing
- Comfortable with SQL and data analysis
- Impeccable communication and work product
Additionally, you might be a good fit if…
- You have experience working at startups and leading Agile teams
- You are the person who can take a fuzzily-defined idea and come up with 5 action plan options
- You have a high attention to detail
- You have experience in educational tech or media/entertainment like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, etc
Benefits, Perks, and Compensation:
We’ve got some pretty sweet digs, catered meals, unlimited PTO, and a full suite of benefits. Check out jumpcut.com/about for more information and to meet the team!
Compensation is competitive, and dependent on experience: $90,000 - $120,000 annually