Product Manager / Apparel
Bravado is the leading global provider of consumer, lifestyle and brand management services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Part of Universal Music Group, the leader in music-based entertainment, Bravado has representatives in 40 countries, providing services including sales, licensing, branding, marketing and e-commerce. Their extensive global distribution network gives artists and brands the opportunity to create deeper connections with their fans through apparel, consumer packaged goods and unique experiences.
Bravado works closely with new and established clients to create innovative products and marketing plans carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Clients include over a hundred music brands such as Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Travis Scott, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Run MC, Prince, Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga and Guns N' Roses. Bravado's roster also includes an expanding list of non-music brands such as Harley Davidson, Paddington Bear and the Big3.
Bravado is currently seeking to fill the role of Product Manager. In this role, you will work with the Brand Manager/VP Marketing and liaise with the label and artist management to develop merchandise offerings resulting in best revenue opportunities with focus on the following areas:
- Maintain artist Direct to Consumer presences including development of Direct to Consumer-only products, timing of new product launches, developing marketing ideas to increase traffic/conversion on the site
- Work with the touring department as needed to create a product line for artist tours
- Coordinate with retail sales team and artist management to develop and gain approval for retail product offerings and marketing programs
- Help Brand Manager/VP Marketing develop global marketing plans for several key artists/brands
- Work with multiple stakeholders to facilitate the development of products from inception to finished product, including design solicitation, approvals, setting production specs and quantities and quality assurance
- Help ensure plans are being executed on time and with excellence
- Coordinate with other internal functions to drive projects to completion (Creative, Production, D2C, etc…)
- Maintain detailed execution calendar with all key product activities across channels (Retail, Tour, Direct-to-Consumer)
- Help prepare creative approval requests for management
- Coordinate with Brand Manager and licensing to execute licensing plans and get approvals
- Coordinate with Brand Manager to create presentations for artists highlighting ideas and plans for upcoming quarter/half/year.
- Create brand guidelines for their brand/artist and gets approval/input from Brand Manager
- Manage the execution of D2C store activity directly with e-com team
- Responsible for asset delivery to internal creative department from artists and management.
- Create and manage "launch" calendar for all products and initiatives – coordinate with talent mgmt. on all corresponding events – music launches, tours, anniversaries, etc.
- Work with Customer engagement team and talent mgmt to proactively facilitate social, email and online marketing plans
- Support all other departments to ensure their needs are met, be it marketing or creative, including keeping departments aware of any and all artist/brand activity
- Responsible for representing the company in meetings, at shows and on calls with management and bands/brands
- Oversee special projects for the department as necessary, including pop up shops, special events, etc.
- Create and design brand presentations for clients, retail, brand partnerships, and collaboration opportunities
- Microsoft office suite, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Great communication skills, written and oral, interpersonal and group settings
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Creative and able to think out of the box
- Analytical and understands business revenue models
- 2- 3 years in a role that requires coordination, attention to detail and and thoroughness. Ideally in marketing/merchandise areas of entertainment business but not required.
- Apparel experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.