The Director of Product Management Inspire will report to the VP of Product. The best Director of Product candidates will have a track record of successful management experience and the ability to collaborate with executives and other business leaders. You’ll be expected to operate at a high level and articulate a clear vision for the future of the product(s) and Product Managers that you lead while never losing sight of putting the users first and simultaneously achieving and extracting sustainable business value.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES / Where You’ll Own It!
- Translate the product and business level strategies into high-impact roadmap(s) associated with the product(s) that you’re responsible for
- Develop your team’s leadership and product abilities to continue to build world class product managers
- Drive the ideation and development of cross-functional teams to plan the go-to market strategies for your new and updated product lines
- Use your incredible communication and leadership skills to work closely to align with the leadership of Inspire to accomplish business objectives.
- Work to improve processes to drive higher quality results, faster feedback loops, and the ability to ship products predictably
- ANTICIPATE changes or risks and have the ability to fall back on secondary strategies to continuously deliver value
- Unearth new and valuable opportunities by having vision and perspective on the market(s), technologies, and competition
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS / Where You’ll Crush It!
- Directors will have a clear and demonstrable track record of leading world class teams and products for at least 5 years
- You will need to be able to define and craft something from zero to one. This is not a product maintenance role
- You’ll be expected to develop a 30/60/90 day plan on how you intend to approach your time, team and product vertical once you start
- Must be able to communicate using design tools like Sketch, Figma, or the Adobe Suite and be familiar with the latest technologies including Rails, React, React Native, PostgresSQL, Heroku, AWS, S3 etc
- The Director of Product will be responsible for developing clear business cases and opportunity assessments and tie them back to the business strategy
- As a Director, you’ll be required to manage a budget for your team
- You’ll thrive on the opportunity to operate in a fast paced, rigorous, exciting, and creative environment.
- The right Director of Product will have the skill and will to lead, build, collaborate with a number of skill sets to deliver impact and value to the customers and business.
- Our ideal Directors leverage their grit and tenacity to make incredible experiences
- Directors should be dripping passion and instill that passion into their teams to make great products and drive HUGE results
- Our dream Directors will be endlessly curious and constantly self educating to build knowledge of technical and product innovation and trends
- We run an “Agile” process and you should be an expert with the methods of product discovery, design, validation, and development
- Most of all, as the Director of Product you’ll be humble, empathetic, collaborative, a great leader, always putting your team and the user first
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant.Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!