Product Development Manager, Pet Food
Golden Hippo Media is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo Media is currently looking for a Product Development Manager to develop new and innovative products in the pet food category for multiple brands across Golden Hippo's portfolio.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts.
- Guide product definition, planning and implementation efforts.
- Lead product development initiatives utilizing knowledge of animal nutrition and animal feed requirements, user and competitive research, trend analysis and across all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Work cross-functionally to execute product development plans.
- Responsible for project timelines (including Packaging) & keeping the process moving, ensuring all key milestones are met.
- Proactively follows up with vendors on project statuses, manages product development timeline, communicates any changes, additional details and/or risks.
- Source raw ingredient and manufacturing suppliers.
- Negotiates costs based on knowledge of production processes and raw materials.Manage the development of new products, ensuring compliance with all testing requirements needed as set by Regulatory and Quality Assurance.
- Manage the modification and further innovation of existing products.
- Keep current on emerging technology and trends.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- BS/MS in Animal Nutrition or Life Sciences
- 5+ years of relevant experience in pet food category
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and people skills, attention to detail, ability to work with & lead teams
- In depth knowledge of pet food category and animal feed and/or animal health science
- Successfully developed/launched pet food products
- Successfully analyzed problems which require an in-depth understanding of animal feed regulations, pet food manufacturing and animal nutrition or health sciences
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.