Head of Technical Product/ Project Management
We’re looking for humble, but ambitious, razor-sharp Technical Product Management leader who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take product development, data driven product design, analytics, ML and AI powered platforms seriously; you’re passionate about technology enabled products and, even more so, about leadership. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. That’s where you come in. We are currently seeking a Director of Technical Product Management to drive technical product vision. Our selection process will emphasize technical SDLC and product development skills as well as leadership/process/organizational skills equally. The ideal candidate must be a master of their domain in technical product management with past experience in commercial software development. Furthermore, the ideal candidate must be able to inspire, champion and teach when the need arises. We are looking for someone who’s is equally comfortable leading by influence or authority. Last, we are looking for a rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically astute engineers and product astute product management leaders.
Why We Need This Role
We are looking for a leader to help us set vision and define features for a set of AI and ML powered tools and services which will provide intelligence for the rest of the Builder product ecosystem. This includes everything from programmatic creator resource allocation to client project workload sequencing and dependencies or from AI power test case generation to NLP . We want to do this to enable our partners to leapfrog their fiscal and operational efficiency as well as their stickiness with us.
Why You Should Join
This is a challenging and diverse role that requires you to build both, an organization and new generation of Builder Brain product, nearly from the ground up. Only join this role if you are craving rapid growth, able to create a path in uncharted territory, and comfortable with trying, failing and course-correcting fast.
First Six Month Deliverables
- Develop and execute technical product strategy for horizontally scalable development of Builder Platform.
- Parallelize Builder Platform wide product development queues and efforts to subproduct level
- Develop and holistic near short and near term tech product strategy running 0 to 3 months on story and release level, 4- 6 months on detailed epic and release level, 7 - 12 months on detailed goal and initiative level.
- Plan and execute on and off line data-driven means of product development
- Implement recurring focus groups and A / B testing means and strategy for all in scope projects
- Passionate about loosely held values and ideas. We want someone who has experience but is not blinded by the path already taken
- 5 plus years solid experience in and expert understanding of technical product and project management leadership in globally geo distributed environments, including at least 1 - 2 years of experience with cloud based ecosystems with emphasis on big data, analytics and ML
- Previous experience with and understanding of commercial / structured software engineering, including at least 3 - 4 years as a engineering lead
- CS degree required or equivalent work experience
- Ability to be speak “tech,” yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold their own in a strategy discussion with senior technical, product or executive leadership
- Comfortable recruiting and leading PMsl capable of working on projects at scale unlike any other they've encountered
- Very experienced with Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Expert understanding of SDLC fundamentals
- Working understanding of SQL and strong understanding of data-driven product development concepts
- Basic understanding of Pivotal Tracker or Jira like tools, GitHub, CD/CI and IDE tools
- Some experience with AI powered product development is a plus
- Previous experience with or good understanding of PaaS platforms is a plus
- Health and Wellness benefits including competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Generous vacation and time off benefits including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hours
- Working in a beautiful office space the heart of Silicon Beach in Playa Vista
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place