eCommerce Merchandiser (Hardware)
Who we're looking for:
Zwift is working fast to build out a state-of-the art global eCommerce business that will ease the customer journey and drive customer engagement in-game and IRL. We're looking for someone to help own the assortment planning and execution for all hardware SKUs across running and cycling. From partnering with vendors and creating the seasonal assortment plan through internal collaboration with cross-functional partners to drive sales and customer education, this role is responsible for ensuring that Zwift is bringing to it's eCommerce business exactly what our users need to get started on Zwift.
What you'll do:
- Build compelling assortments of hardware (running and cycling) that meet the needs of our Zwift customers by considering product attributes, intended end use, activity levels, pricing ladder, and industry trends.
- Create buying strategies for all cycling and running hardware and partner with Director of Merchandise to develop initial sales forecast for product category.
- Build and maintain relationships with all hardware manufacturers and distributors to ensure that the zwift.com/shop is being positioned as a key partner in the indoor cycling and market.
- Become the subject matter expert on upcoming product developments, new technologies and innovations within the indoor cycling and running hardware category.
- Negotiate with vendors for best costs, terms, discounts, freight, co-op and marketing support.
- Continually seek out new vendors and innovative product opportunities that will make it easier for customer to get set up on Zwift.
- Help to monitor the zwift.com/shop product selector user flow to ensure that we are creating the best-in-class on-site journey for new Zwifters to identify and buy all the things they need to take their first ride on Zwift.
- Set retail prices in accordance with market needs as well as corporate and vendor policies.
- Work closely with creative and brand to develop accurate photo assets and product copy for all new products.
- Partner with marketing, creative and web teams to execute seasonal marketing and event campaigns that showcase specific product, events, in-game launches or partnerships.
- Monitor and evaluate product performance (including attachment rates) and suggest cross-sell, up-sell and new site merchandising experiences that drive sales.
- Partner with web development and creative to A/B test on-site imagery, marketing, and site experiences that provide Zwift with a better understanding of it's eComm customer.
Reporting & Seasonal Hind Sighting:
- Work with the eCommerce Merchandise Director to create seasonal recaps on what products worked or didn't work, make recommendations on products to drop or new product to pull into the assortment to ensure Zwift maintains a curated hardware offering that continues to serve the goal of easing the onboarding journey.
- Help the team to analyze merchandise sales on a weekly basis to gain a comprehensive understanding of how the eCommerce business is working to drive onboarding and new subscribers.
- Partner with CS to set up a product feedback loop that ensures the merchandise team is up-to-date on all customer feedback around merchandise and CS is aware of new products, key features of all hardware in our assortment and what's coming down the pipeline.
What we're looking for:
- Must be capable of communicating and influencing many different types of functional groups.
- Must be flexible to work on one or multiple product categories and sports.
- Strong understanding of the indoor cycling and indoor fitness industry, as well as digital merchandising principles.
- Excellent excel skills and the ability to analyze large sets of data and elevate takeaways.
- To be successful in this role, you'll need to builds and maintains excellent relationships between vendors and Zwift in order to achieve mutual goals of sales and profitability.
- Experienced Zwifter
- D2C retail experience a plus
- Buying experience in the cycling or fitness hardware industry strongly preferred