Director of Product
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Are you passionate about bringing products to market that customers love - that will create emotional connections between people? Do you agree that small everyday actions can have big positive impacts? Are you a product and project management guru who moves fast and likes to have a big impact?
Who we are...
Hallmark Labs, LLC. (a subsidiary of Hallmark), based in Santa Monica, CA, currently operates two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand greeting cards. We leverage Hallmark's deep experience in creating meaningful connections with great sentiments, and progress it into the digital age at a rapid pace with cutting-edge technology.
"We will be the company that creates a more emotionally connected world by making a genuine difference in every life, every day."
When you join Hallmark Labs, you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are a diverse team of innovators dedicated to enhancing relationships and enriching lives with state-of-the-art products.
We believe that our people are our most valuable asset. That's why we offer comprehensive and affordable health insurance plans including medical, dental, and vision for you and your family. We also provide wellness incentives, spin classes, on-site massage chairs and bicycles, employee assistance programs, ergonomics assessments, beach days and more.
The Director of Product Management, Digital Greetings will have responsibility for the strategic planning and execution of roadmap for the Digital Greetings products from Hallmark Labs. This includes Hallmark eCards, print on demand and new innovative products.
You should be a dynamic product leader with experience building consumer facing digital products worth paying for at scale. You should have a strong interest and understanding of digital product trends, the ability to use design centric and analytical thinking to identify customer needs and opportunities that get results and assist in the creation of realistic roadmaps that result in products our customers love and drive the business forward. You should love to work with others and solve problems in groups, with the leadership skills to influence and inspire.
Who we think would be a fit…
Reporting to the Vice President of Product, we are looking for someone who is customer obsessed and has demonstrable experience scaling and growing consumer facing experience with e-commerce business models. You might have worked at large top name companies, but you prefer small nimble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on getting stellar products to market quickly. You have the skills and experience, but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products.
- Provide daily management, motivation and development of a highly effective Product team. Set the product strategy, priorities and roadmap, in collaboration with multiple stakeholders, in order to achieve our growth, engagement and revenue goals.
- Manage and mentor the Digital Greetings Product Managers, providing vision and inspiration, driving operational excellence and execution, and ensuring team cohesion for a group that is responsive to a rapidly changing industry with dynamic customer expectations.
- Execute on product roadmap for Hallmark Digital Greetings and ensure that it meets market needs and business objectives. Be able to clearly communicate what is in the roadmap and why; understand what benefits the work is expected to confer on the business; anticipate what risks need to be managed / mitigated / prevented.
- Define product features, epics, user stories, and tasks using defined agile processes and tools; evolve these processes as necessary to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Identify dependencies and be able to prioritize work accordingly and then communicate it effectively.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with partners from other segments within Hallmark Greetings.
- Establish appropriate stakeholder relationships; engage with these stakeholders to gather product requirements and garner strategic support.
- Work with 3rd parties / external vendors and collaborators as needed.
- Work cross functionally to prioritize, lead, coach, support, and inspire as needed to support new initiatives.
- Create a strong Product Management culture that incorporates best practices in human centered design, data and testing, and agile development.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to product managers on your team.
- 3+ years of product management experience with direct to consumer digital services and e-commerce integrations.
- 4+ years managing a team of Product Managers.
- 4+ years' delivering B2C digital products across web and mobile devices.
- 4+ years' delivering complex projects using a recognized Agile project management methodology (Agile SCRUM, SAFe, Kanban, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree or 4+ years' professional experience.
- Proven track record of successfully mentoring and managing Product teams.
- Deep knowledge of the consumer digital marketplace and proven track record of significant product releases.
- Demonstrated results in the delivery of world-class digital experiences across web and mobile devices.
- Proven success managing multiple senior executive stakeholders.
- Deep expertise with Product Management best practices including techniques for identifying customer needs, A/B testing and data analysis.
- Ability to meet aggressive and complex project milestones and simultaneously exceed customer expectations.
- Experienced UX/UI design in consumer facing web, mobile and device applications.
- High "signal to noise" capability i.e., sharp intellect and critical thinker, able to identify what is most important amidst a large set of priorities and data points.
- Excellent project management skills, resource and timeline management, risk assessment, contingency planning and ability to work with external contractors and consultants.
- Certified Agile Product Owner.
- Possess excellent communication skills with an ability to address both business and technical audiences.
- Strong E.Q. and listening skills, with the ability to drive peak performance within the team, collaborate effectively with peers and influence at the executive level.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we’re near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.