Director of Product Management
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. We are seeking a Director of Product Management, eager to make an impact within a mission driven organization changing the world of clinical research. We are looking for an individual who has the creative, strategic and technical know-how across launching consumer or enterprise products, as well as experience building and training product teams.
We expect you to be detail-oriented, have great communication skills, and have product leadership experience. You'll work directly with the VP of Product Strategy and Chief Product Officer to help inform the broader strategy and vision for our product platform. Day-to-day, you will collaborate with Product, Design, Engineering to work on a range of strategic and tactical initiatives. In addition to relevant experience in strategy, product development and launching new products, this role requires you to be a versatile, collaborative team player with plenty of initiative who enjoys handling complex, multi-faceted projects and who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Keen product vision, along with operational expertise, are requirements for success in this role, as is the ability to lead others and build cohesion between cross-functional teams. You must be a strategic thinker who is able to bring high-level analytical skills to the table, while also being able to execute swiftly and effectively right down to the smallest detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the professional development of a team of talented, critical-thinking, and innovative product managers.
- Design (or re-design) and implement sustainable processes that support product strategy, vision, product definition, feature prioritization, and coordinating with stakeholders.
- Mentor product managers to act as product owners on feature teams.
- Drive certain macro and micro strategic initiatives, including market research, to help inform broader product strategy thinking.
- Interface with cross-functional teams and key business stakeholders to help manage overall product roadmap, including scoping assessments, delivery dates and readout.
- Be the product champion externally, and passionate voice of the customer internally.
- Builds an internal culture of innovative thinking that leads to the development and implementation of the company's patient recruitment mission and
- Program Management – juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, deliver results.
- Conducts performance reviews, calibration sessions and feedback discussions for direct reports. Performs competency assessments across his/her team, and implements and monitors development plans with direct
- Mentors and/or assists in coaching and training departmental team
- Oversees, mentors and builds the product management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years product management experience
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Organizational experience managing multiple ongoing initiatives
- Ideal candidate has experience with enterprise software, SaaS technologies
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and develop a superior team and establish clear ownership and definition of success
- Excellent analytical abilities and quantitative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial team player with strong focus on collaboration
- Commitment to results and high quality
- Action oriented and innovative; able to translate broad goals into achievable steps
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Experience in building and guiding organizational teams. Leverages each team member's unique background and perspective to achieve team goals while providing clear direction and accountabilities. Commitment to collaboration, within and across departments.
- Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective and tactful manner and has a range of interpersonal skills and approaches with ability to select a best-fit
- Ability to motivate, influence and guide team members and direct reports; gains commitments from
- Up to 20% travel
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
Science 37 values the well being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed. Enjoy daily healthy catered lunches, snacks and beverages, and top-notch equipment such as the latest Macbook Pro, 4k monitors, and adjustable standing desks. Submit your resume to apply!