AVP, Product Management
The AVP, Product Management owns product management for BrandBox and other innovation initiatives across the company’s property portfolio. In this role the AVP, Product Management will work cross functionally with teams at Macerich to ensure the company continues to evolve its properties with the changing retail landscape and continue to deliver a great product for tenants and shoppers alike. To be successful in this role the AVP, Product Management must be able to build close, collaborative relationships and be comfortable with ambiguity as the company continues to test and iterate on a variety of initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Define the product vision and strategy for multiple components of BrandBox, the platform for enabling non-traditional brands to more easily launch and test physical retail.
- Own the relationship with the development agency and various other technology partners as well as product roadmap definitions and prioritization.
- Own the tracking of progress on current development efforts.
- Spend time with retailers, leasing, asset management, IT, shoppers, and other stakeholders to ensure understanding of the needs of the company’s customers and how they are best utilizing the company’s products and services.
- Proactively identify, communicate, and offer solutions for risks.
- Represent the company and BrandBox at retailer meetings, conferences, and joint venture partner meetings.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA a plus
- 4+ years in product or program management, with experience in functional and technical specification writing and software development preferred
- Understand the needs and have empathy for business units and customers
- Passion for productivity tools and project or program management
- Ability to demonstrate good strategic / EQ regarding product sense (i.e. Can you tell what product or service is doing a phenomenal job? How do you think the company is able to deliver that service – what are they prioritizing? What do you think the KPIs for the product are? What have they done well from a design standpoint?)
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior management and various organizations
- Experience working with/knowledge of Digitally Native Brands, traditional retailers and landlords preferred