Associate, Product Marketing
Inspire’s Product Marketing team is seeking an Associate, Product Marketing to help bring our innovative products and services to life. As an Associate, Product Marketing at Inspire, you will work alongside our Product team during new product development and partner with our Sales team to help us crush our member growth and engagement goals. Your talents will help us accelerate our mission to increase access to renewable energy.
THE ASSOCIATE, PRODUCT MARKETING HAS SIX MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with day-to-day strategy and activations: Help design and execute product marketing activations.
- Be Intimately Familiar with our Products: Be comfortable training others on our product offerings (Retail Energy + Hardware) and ensure all product marketing collateral is kept up-to-date with the latest features and benefits.
- Prepare Product Marketing assets: Help tell the Inspire story in a meaningful way. Highlight the reasons why a prospective member would choose Inspire.
- Conduct Competitive Intelligence: Research competitive offers and promotions and highlight areas of opportunity for Inspire.
- Support Research Initiatives: Partner closely with the Consumer Insights Manager to test new product offers and learn about consumer preference in preparation for new product launches
- Build Reports: Partner with Data Science & Analytics team to measure and analyze the success of our product marketing initiatives. Share results with internal stakeholders.
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES
- Create new product marketing materials to support sales and maintain/update existing sales material.
- Maintain Customer.io system for all marketing communication, ensuring info is always up-to-date.
- Create reporting tools to track and measure the success of product marketing campaigns.
- Support go-to-market activations for new market launches.
- Support development of new materials for retail and event sales teams.
- Create on-going competitive research summaries to share with broader group.
- Support Clean & Climate program initiatives to drive the business forward.
- 100% onboarded after 45 days (i.e. is able to add value and begin creating marketing assets)
- Inquisitive - asks questions and seeks to understand in order to evaluate the best path forward.
- Confidence - Is able to leverage relevant experience from past roles to establish themselves
- Focused - Always focuses on the members perspective in order to build programs that will resonate with the intended audience.
- Organized - Keeps detailed records and history in order to document our process as a frame of reference for analysis.
- Individual Contributor + Team Player - Able to work in large groups and add value & contribute towards a broader project plan.
- Must Have
- 2+ years experience in a marketing or customer facing role
- Has experience working on marketing campaigns (both offline and online)
- Ability to work across cross-functional groups to achieve goals
- Critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to distill data and identify key insights
- Ability to manage and execute projects from start to finish
- Nice to Have
- Product Marketing experience at a tech company
- Creative self-starter who can identify opportunities and takes initiative to solve problems
- Strong presentation skills to a broad audience
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!