If you ever found yourself paying $40 for a cup of coffee (and you’re not insane) then you’re already familiar with the $33B problem we’re trying to solve - overdrafts (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-04/bank-overdraft-fees-are-here-to-stay).
To fight against that, Dave helps you budget for your upcoming expenses and lets you advance a portion of your paycheck with no interest. Instead of charging interest or predatory fees, Dave lets users decide what is fair to pay. We also plant a tree for every % tip.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
We are started by a 4X entrepreneur ($85mm exit) and are backed by investors like Mark Cuban, SV Angel, The Chernin Group, David Friedberg, The Kraft Group, SRI, Diplo and more.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
Our team is looking for an Associate Product Manager who is highly analytical, organized and has experience driving projects in a fast-paced environment. You’ll help us maximize our current product’s potential, and effectively coordinate between engineers, designers, analysts, and stakeholders.
Executing on this will require strong qualitative and quantitative research abilities, with a creative mindset and holistic approach to product management. You’ll work iteratively to ship and test features, partnering closely with research, data, design and engineering to help improve our members’ relationship with money.
- Collaborate with one of Dave's product development squads to identify, develop and deliver app releases that help improve our member's financial lives.
- Gather feature requirements and write user stories.
- Build and present product demos.
- Actively participate in regular sprint planning, story grooming, standup, and retrospective.
- Facilitate user interviews to grow our team's empathy with Dave members.
- Analyze user behavior via SQL, Amplitude, and Braze.
- Learn as much as you can about product, design, and engineering.
IN THE FIRST MONTH YOU’LL:
- Join a squad and integrate into their development process.
- Write 5 user stories that get delivered to production.
- Present 2 product demos
- Meet a Dave member
- Create an Amplitude dashboard or team space
- 2+ years of experience leading projects to the finish line.
- Ability to communicate with ease across all different types of people.
- An inherent desire to continually learn and grow.
- Not afraid of failure.
- Live Dave values: helpful and decent, resourceful, innovative entrepreneur, transparent, persistent.
· Premium PPO Medical and Dental Insurance plan for you and your family
· A brand new computer/equipment of your choosing
· Catered lunch 2x/week
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· Flexible vacation time
· Basketball hoop
· Open and creative office space
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.