Why work at Grindr?
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a constantly evolving, agile startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of over 3 million daily active users in every country in the world. Since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks and a collaborative office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people.
We’re on the search for a Pricing Manager who will be responsible for developing Grindr’s pricing strategy across our portfolio of products based on current global market conditions. This person will work cross-functionally with marketing, brand partnerships & advertising, product, and finance to define, test, and roll out our pricing approach and processes globally. This role will be based in our West Hollywood Headquarters.
- Define pricing strategy for our Grindr Xtra subscriptions, in-app microtransactions, and Gaymoji’s across global markets to maximize revenue
- Partner with Product and Marketing on price testing, implementation, and analytics across our products
- Recommend product pricing based on customer feedback, competitive analysis, and market factors
- Monitor execution of strategic pricing initiatives, and reporting on performance using a variety of approaches including pre/post measurement, A/B testing
- Establish demand curves and price elasticity via methodologies such as conjoint analysis and multi-variable analysis
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the 5-year revenue forecast
- Work with Finance to develop forecasts on revenue growth
- Work closely with Corporate and Marketing for proper approval and communication of all new or changed pricing in our different markets
- 4+ years experience in a quantitative role in an App/Digital Advertising/eCommerce company
- Bachelors or Masters degree with engineering/quantitative background (math, science, finance/accounting) preferred
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact with executive leadership; strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in confidential matters
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to look at complex data and form actionable steps and initiatives
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and advanced knowledge of Excel modeling.
- Experience with Internet/Mobile products with profit and loss responsibilities, user-centric product development and design
- Experience with SQL, Periscope and other BI tools a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.