VP of Procurement
Loot Crate was founded in 2012 by an entrepreneurial team who thought that online retail was missing a sense of community, interactivity, and mystery. Each month, Loot Crate ships a themed mystery box of the best gear, apparel and collectibles to a subscriber base of over 200k geek, gaming, and pop culture fanatics we call Looters. We emphasize phenomenal support and content, and include licensed product from the most respected entertainment, media, and consumer product companies in the world.
The Vice President of Procurement will be responsible for defining and leading the sourcing and procurement strategy across the Company. The VP of Procurement will develop and maintain a deep knowledge base of vendor cost structures across multiple product and material categories to inform purchasing decisions. In addition, this person will be responsible for implementing a formal vendor evaluation and RFP process for major purchases. This is both a strategy and execution role that will require cross-functional collaboration involving merchandising, product development, finance reconciliation, warehouse operations, supply chain & logistic management.
- Lead a team of 5-7 individual to complete end to end procurement process; including vendor selection and evaluation, and contract negotiation and drafting; for major purchases of both licensed and unlicensed consumer goods and apparel, collectibles, corrugates, print services, transportation, and other categories.
- Drive and maintain a company-wide procurement strategy including purchasing guidelines, vendor selection, and contract negotiation process to optimize landed cost and minimize supply risks.
- Drive an improved item master process to ensure easy reconciliation of purchase orders and invoices.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date research and cost analysis to inform purchasing decisions.
- Develop key metrics to evaluate supplier performance.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of procurement by establishing and maintaining best practices and controls for major purchases.
- Maintain open communication with the leadership team and department heads to facilitate adoption and compliance with a company-wide procurement strategy.
- Collaborate closely with crate product teams- creative leads, sourcing, Inventory Planning, and external Production teams.
- Bachelor Degree or higher.
- Experience in Clothing and/or Toy/Collectible industry a plus
- 10 or more years of experience in both large contract negotiations and strategic/operational procurement functions (e.g. landed cost, delivery risk, vendor selection).
- Strong understanding and management of the design and development process from concept to production.
- Strategic and innovative Knowledge and experience within the consumer apparel or toy industries
- Demonstrated leadership, team management, and analytical skills.
- Hands-on, “get things done” mentality. Has a willingness to get hands dirty. Self-starter with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment and meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Experience working with Netsuite ERP System is a positive but not required.