Vice President - IT Strategy
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Vice President – IT Strategy. In this role, you will focus on accelerating organization performance through cohesive strategy planning and execution, knowledge management and the implementation of an organizational dashboard for maximum impact and organizational excellence. Assist the CIO with developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining strategic initiatives and business development on a rolling 3-year strategy.
- Leads the development of the strategic plan/framework for the IT organization, and the detailed current year operating plan, per the direction set by the CIO.
- Formalizing and leading the strategic planning process, focusing on long term trends and outlook, and competitive intelligence.
- Facilitates the execution of the strategy by working collaboratively with UMG Executive Team members.
- Drives internal PMO to align deliverables to 3-year strategy.
- Ensures that strategic actions are completed at various levels to achieve desired results.
- Assist in new program development ensuring date driven decision making and appropriate design and implementation.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the organization as assigned.
- Ensures that appropriate metrics are in place to measure performance and progress towards strategic goals.
- Oversees administration of subcontracts.
- Create a positive climate to motivate employees to achieve their highest performance by establishing direction and building commitment.
- Ensure the development, implementation and evaluation of risk compliance for the IT organization.
- Able to manage multiple diverse teams and projects.
- Superior verbal and written communication with employees, business contacts, and contractors.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- High computer proficiency – Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent people skills.
- Three years' experience in technology required, with a minimum of five years as top-level executive.
- 10+ years strategic experience or management consulting.
- Advanced degree in marketing or business development.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.