Trucking Operations Associate
We’re reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members. Help us solve real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking for a Trucking Operations Associate to work within our Supply Team in managing LTL consolidation operations & performance.
What you’ll do:
- Manage day to day operations for North American Less than Truckload (LTL) planning to destinations all across the US;
- Collaborate closely with local vendors on load planning, optimizing truck utilization, profitability, and innovative improvements;
- Continuously identify and execute on destination communication efficiencies;
- Review and analyze local partner rates (and aid the team in creating scalable processes for effectively doing so as we grow!);
- Review feedback from operations teams on performance.
- Identify Key Performance Metrics (KPIs) and ensure the LTL product meets and exceeds these performance targets
What you’ll need:
- Degree and 1-3 years of supply chain related experience from any industry;
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- Next-level attention to detail.
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Advanced Excel skills, working knowledge of SQL and analytics experience a plus!
Where you’ll work:
We’re not far from the country’s busiest port (LA/Long Beach), and we manage our own warehouse — basically, we have an amazing opportunity to improve and streamline processes at destination. We eat great food, host tons of fun events on our patio, and bring our pups to work.
You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.