Travel Safety and Security Manager
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
As the Travel Safety and Security Manager, you’ll be responsible for the implementation, support, and success of Bird’s travel safety and security programs, which includes but is not limited to assessment of risk exposure, management of travel vendors, employee education, development of quick response procedures, and embedding enterprise-wide standards for all travel matters. You’ll work closely with Bird’s GSOC team to build out 24-hour monitoring, alerting, and escalation for all travel safety and security matters that may affect Bird’s business and corporate travelers, as well as lead travel safety protocol creation and implementation.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the vision and execution of building world class travel safety and security programs including travel risk assessment, risk mitigation, standard operating procedures, and region/location specific protocols
- Collaborate with global travel organizations to develop best practices throughout the organization
- Lead and develop employee education and awareness programs through workshops
- Manage relationships and contracts with travel vendors to ensure efficiency of operations and consistency for monitoring, response, and evaluation
- Be a motivator for the team and provide leadership during travel crisis situations
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to identify intersection points and act as the champion for all travel safety and security needs as the organization continues to scale
- Utilize tools, internal tracking metrics, and other reports to identify operational and process improvement opportunities
- Respond to employee and executive requests for travel briefs and assessments as needed
What You'll Need:
- Must have 5+ years of direct experience managing travel safety and security for a large high-profile organization
- Must have 3+ years of people management experience with skills in leading, coaching, and team-building skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of travel security standards, best practices, and common monitoring tools such as ISOS, NC4, iJet, etc.
- Strong leadership, communication, critical thinking, and presentation skills
- Ability to establish goals, structures, and processes necessary to execute on Bird’s security mission and pivot as needed
- Proven ability to execute and deliver high-impact solutions with little guidance
- Ability to network, interact, and sustain effective partnerships with internal and external partners on non-technical and technical levels
- Ability to manage local and remote projects domestically and internationally
- Passion for Bird
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description