Team Coordinator, Caroline
Capitol Music Group (CMG) is comprised of Capitol Records, Virgin Records, Motown, Blue Note Records, Astralwerks, Harvest Records, Capitol Christian Music Group, Priority Records and Deep Well Records, as well as Capitol Studios and CMG's Independent label services and distribution division, Caroline. Capitol Music Group is based in Hollywood, California in the iconic Capitol Records Tower.
We are seeking high-level administrative support and department coordination to the EVP of Caroline Distribution for Capitol Music Group in our Hollywood location
Professional Support & Representation of the Executive and Department
- Serve as first point of contact for the executive and her staff
- Protect and enhance the executive's image both internally and externally
- Facilitate two-way communications throughout the organization
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of the executive's obligations in order to proactively assist and/or anticipate needs
- Foresee and/or manage risk, conflicts, and problem areas
- Respond to changes within and affecting the function; proactively alter priorities when necessary
- Able to work in a high pressure, detail -oriented function that changes on a daily basis
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities at a time, and use discretion when necessary
Management of the Executive and Department Schedule
- Answer all incoming calls; take and log messages as needed; ensure that messages are accurate and delivered in a timely fashion
- Maintain appointment schedule; planning, updates, and notifications as necessary
- Liaise between the internal team and outside parties to schedule meetings
- Arrange extensive travel plans for the executive and obtain approvals in a timely fashion
- Coordinate special projects as needed in line with the executive being a part of the CMG senior management team.
- As and when required and directed by the EVP, offer assistance to the team.
- Verbal, email and in person communication with UMG executives
- Organize artist music & executive events as directed.
- Keep track of guest list and tickets for partner shows
Administration of the Office Routine
- Manage incoming mail and complete correspondence
- Process expense reports, ensuring that the correct coding is used; resolve payment issues
- Create and maintain effective filing system, both electronic and in hard copy files
- Maintain database of all contacts & contacts
- Follow up on meeting requests
- Strong computer skills required: MS Office Suite
- Excellent organizational & communication skills both oral and written
- Internet and digitally savvy
- Multi-tasking and follow-up
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize, organize and establish administrative procedures and work under pressure
- Ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives
- Able to problem solve and come up with solutions quickly and calmly
- At least 3 years of assistant or department coordination experience supporting executives or multiple managers within a department
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.