Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Who we are...
Hallmark Labs, LLC. (a subsidiary of Hallmark), based in Santa Monica, CA, currently operates two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand greeting cards. We leverage Hallmark's deep experience in creating meaningful connections with great sentiments, and progress it into the digital age at a rapid pace with cutting-edge technology.
"We will be the company that creates a more emotionally connected world by making a genuine difference in every life, every day."
When you join Hallmark Labs, you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are a diverse team of innovators dedicated to enhancing relationships and enriching lives with state-of-the-art products.
We believe that our people are our most valuable asset. That's why we offer comprehensive and affordable health insurance plans including medical, dental, and vision for you and your family. We also provide wellness incentives, spin classes, on-site massage chairs and bicycles, employee assistance programs, ergonomics assessments, beach days and more.
This job involves the following responsibilities:
- Installs, connects, configures, upgrades, troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs hardware and software for desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers/copiers/MFPs and other peripherals.
- Assists end-users with hardware/software/peripheral device questions, concerns, and issues.
- Documents and maintains updated and accurate hardware/software/peripheral inventory, licensing, support/repair/replacement contracts, and all associated contact information.
- Responds to trouble calls or tickets in a professional and courteous manner.
- Documents and maintains updated and accurate on/off-boarding information, installation instructions, new hire IT information, and other end-user related system, application use or how-to information.
- Identifies problem patterns or issues to be addressed, and policies, procedures, or processes needing development or refinement if they exist.
- Communicates with end-users to understand specific hardware/software/peripheral requirements.
- Provides advice/recommendations on end-user hardware/software/peripheral products, alternatives, and costs.
- Supports the Company's internal initiatives defined by management.
- May require management approved after-hours or weekend work at times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who we think would be a fit…
We are looking for someone who thrives on bringing successful products to market. You might have worked at large top name companies, but you prefer small nimble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on getting stellar products to market quickly. You have the skills and experience, but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or 2+ years professional IT experience.
- 2+ years' professional Experience supporting end-users in a hybrid Windows/Mac OSX corporate environment.
- 2+ years' professional experience supporting Microsoft Office or Office365 Products.
- 1+ years' experience using consumer-based devices from Apple, Roku, Samsung, Amazon.
- Experience working at startups or subscription-based e-commerce services companies.
- Experience determining end-user requirements, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows/Mac OSX hardware, software, peripherals, and printers.
- Experience researching and recommending hardware, software, peripherals, and other tools to improve users' experience and productivity.
- Experience with Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware tools and browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari).
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Windows/Mac OSX accounts and file sharing.
- Experience tracking Company assets and ensuring inventory accuracy.
- Working knowledge of network technology and protocols (TCP/IP, routing, switching, wireless) and basic Local Area Network (LAN) troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge and ability to create documents, spreadsheets, diagrams, and end-user instructions or how-to resources.
- Working knowledge in Google Apps for Business and mobile device provisioning.
- Working knowledge of IT helpdesk ticketing systems and their associated metrics/KPIs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server support including Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- Solid communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively via telephone, email and through documentation.
- Ability to perform problem-analysis and problem-solving.
- Ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to self-motivate and work within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to integrate and communicate information on a one-on-one basis as well as in group situations.
- Ability to identify, research, and recommend process improvements.
- Ability to learn and apply new information or skills.
- Ability to work under intensive deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others at all levels of the organization.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we're near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.