Support Engineer ll
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Job Summary: The Support Engineer (SE) will proactively monitor and administer all monitoring systems ensuring application uptime and system availability to the business. SE will provide Tier I engineering support to all iHerb internal teams including DevOps, Systems, Network, Database and Development. SE is responsible for responding to, investigating, resolving and/or assisting in the resolution of to all triggered alerts. Additionally the SE will assist the DevOps and Infrastructure teams in day-to-day administrative tasks and projects.
- Develop solutions to problems through automation & scripting
- Serve as a project implementation owner for the team
- Provide technical support, training and mentorship to junior team members
- Provide Second Tier Engineering and Administrative support for day-to-day operations to proprietary applications, networking, systems and other various business functions.
- Serve as initial responder to incidents to troubleshoot and resolve application & system issues adhering to ITIL standards
- Track and manage incident tickets following ITIL standards
- Monitor all production infrastructure and applications according to standardized processes
- Manage day-to-day ticket queue, adhering to ITIL change and incident management processes.
- Create and maintain documentation for functional areas of responsibility including SOPs, Runbooks and Incident Reports
- Maintain and improve current application, system monitoring and logging solutions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience developing & implementing automation through webhooks and apis
- Proficiency troubleshooting Windows, Linux and Kubernetes based infrastructure and applications
- Proficiency managing monitoring solutions such as Datadog, PRTG, Prometheus or Nagios
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Deployment tools such as Jenkins, Harness, TeamCity
- Experience leading incident response and management
- Experience with on premises infrastructure management (Bare Metal, Virtualization)
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure management (AWS, GCP, Azure & Alibaba)
- Working knowledge of basic network protocols & troubleshooting experience including but not limited to DHCP, DNS, FTP/S, SMTP, HTTP/S, Telnet, NTP and SSH
- High Level understanding of system & application monitoring best practices
- Must be able read, write and speak fluent English
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to work independently & accurately in a fast paced work environment
Generally requires a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a technology support role or equivalent experience
Bachelor’s Degree required. A focus in Computer Science(s) & technical certifications are a plus.