Sr. Manager- Planning and Procurement
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are currently searching for a Senior Manager, Planning and Procurement to lead our supply chain team based out of Compton, CA. Reporting to the director of supply chain, this person will direct the activities of buyers and expediters to accomplish company objectives. The Senior Manager, Planning and Procurement will be both a strategic and tactical leader responsible for building the team, process, and planning systems to enable sufficient and timely Bird scooter deployment to city markets in a hyper-growth environment. The role is global in scope, responsible for all supply planning: material planning, production planning, allocation planning. The Senior Manager will monitor the cost, schedule and performance aspects of the procurement operations. They will coordinate purchasing activities with engineering and manufacturing departments to maintain inventories at planned levels and will have responsibility for source selection, establishing sourcing agreements with suppliers at the local level.
- Ensure competitiveness for Bird against global market benchmarks (pricing and practices).
- Maximize cost savings and value creation with all vendors to improve Bird's profitability.
- Manage vendor relationships and associated contracts setting aggressive targets for product cost reduction to improve margins.
- Responsible for providing expert-level knowledge of the supply base and global market, representing procurement during global meetings.
- Implement multiple negotiation strategies pushing boundaries and taking calculated risks to enhance Bird's P&L.
- Identify alternative supply models including near sourcing and postponement.
- Budgets and Cost Control: Plan for and use resources efficiently, always look for ways to reduce costs, create accurate and realistic budgets, track and adjust budgets, contribute to budget planning. Results meet or exceed budget in all categories.
- Decision Making/Judgment: Recognize problems and respond, systematically gather information, sort through complex issues, seek input from others, address root cause of issues, make timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, use consensus when possible, and communicate decisions to others.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Break down problems into smaller components, understand underlying issues, simplify and process complex issues, understand the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Teamwork: Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities, listen to others and value opinions, help team leader to meet goals, welcome newcomers and promote a team atmosphere.
- 10+ years of work experience
- 5+ years of managing a team
- In-depth experience with MRP, production planning, BOM management, NPI/ EOL, inventory target setting, supply allocation, plumbers equation.
- Experience designing/redesigning supply chain processes and programs to build capacity and/or increase efficiency.
- Demonstrates a highly successful track record in a commercial environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Must be comfortable working outside of the typical work day/ hours.
- A strong team player capable of building relationships at all levels within the internal organization and external partners.
- Excellent communication (written & oral), interpersonal and presentation skills, and strong analytical and project management skills.
- Experience working with global focus preferred.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description