Sr. Manager of Marketplace
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is reimagining K-12 transportation. Our mission is to give all kids access to opportunity through mobility. HopSkipDrive helps schools and families get kids where they need to go safely and dependably. We are building a national transportation network that connects schools & families with trusted CareDrivers, who get kids where they need to go safely, reliably and economically.
We were founded by 3 moms who have 8 kids between them and who developed HopSkipDrive as a solution to their own transportation challenges. We are VC-backed with investment and involvement from nearly every major LA investor including Upfront Ventures, Greycroft and Pritzker.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s hottest startups and an all-around awesome place to work.
Who you are
We want A+ players who are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. We are defining a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. This is not a lifestyle job. This will be the hardest, most demanding, most exhilarating job you will ever have. It will also be the most rewarding.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
HopSkipDrive is a two-sided marketplace business, matching demand from families, schools and government agencies for transportation with supply from our community of independent CareDrivers. As the Sr. Manager of Marketplace you will be responsible for efficiently matching supply and demand as we scale.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Develop and own a suite of analytical tools to maximize visibility into historical and forecasted marketplace performance
- Make data-driven recommendations for the allocation of cross-functional resources to support a healthy balance in the marketplace - from marketing spend, to outbound sales efforts, to driver onboarding priorities
- Develop and deploy a system of incentives to stimulate supply when necessary to meet demand as efficiently as possible
- Own the greenlighting of new contracts and collaborate with the sales team to make data-driven decisions on pricing and offerings
- Understand the technical operation of our in-app marketplace and collaborate with the product team to develop features and logic that further optimize its matching function
- Identify opportunities to use a data-driven approach to inform company strategy and execute on the opportunity from ideation, to analysis, to recommendation.
- Support a range of special projects when more strategic and analytical firepower is needed to move the business forward
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university, MBA or related graduate degree preferred
- 3-5+ years leadership experience driving superior results in highly analytical and strategic roles, management consulting or similar preferred
- Proven ability to establish KPIs and project timelines and deliver against them
- Strong strategic instincts and business acumen
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a “no job too small or too big” attitude
- You bring a culture of data-driven decision making and are an analytical powerhouse
- You are an Excel and Google Sheets power user: you build complex, elegant models containing layers of advanced formulas (nested if/and/or, sumproduct --, offset, index/match, etc.) to drive business insights both for other data nerds and less technical audiences
- You are familiar and comfortable with other business intelligence and data visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau)
- Knowledge of SQL preferred, not required
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, BYOD technology reimbursement, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.